Getting dental implants

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CarolKirk

Getting dental implants

Post by CarolKirk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:20 am

I had a tooth pulled 3 weeks ago and I've finally got a date to have dental implants from a clinic in Burlington, Mount Royal Dental Clinic. It was a black molar. This is the first time I am going for a dental procedure. Just wondering if there is anyone who have had this done before and how successful it was?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:57 am

Carol,

As long as you realize that different people's rate of recovery and healing and experiences from and after having dental implants are highly variable, then I can see no harm in you asking other members who have previously had a similar procedure.

How successful it is judged to be depends a lot upon how bad the original molar was (black is bad), as well your expectations with regards to replacing one of your own teeth with the implant.

If you expect that it will look identical to and last as long as the original tooth would normally do (if the molar had not turned black), then you are more than less likely to judge it as not being successful, over the longer term.

One factor to your advantage is that the molar is not likely to be visible to everyone else at the front of your mouth when you smile, so it is not quite as important that it looks like it is the original and fits in exactly with the colour of the surrounding teeth.

For legal reasons I would suggest that you should remove the location of the clinic in question from your posting, using the edit button.

Where the clinic operates is also irrelevant, with reference to the purpose(s) of your survey.

Regards,

EoT

Return to “Health And Beauty”