Had mommy-makeover surgery?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CarinT

Had mommy-makeover surgery?

Post by CarinT » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 am

Hi, I will recently be undergoing a mommy-makeover surgery in a clinic in Mississauga, McLean Clinic. I had an appointment with the surgeon last week and he cleared out many of my doubts regarding the surgery. But still I would like to hear some of yours experiences. How did the 1st week of surgery gone? How painful it was for you?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:44 am

Carin,

For legal reasons I would suggest that you should remove the location of the clinic in question from your posting, using the edit button.

As long as you recognize that no two patients having the same type of surgery are going to have the same post operative symptoms as well as the same rate of recovery, I can see no harm in you asking for other member's experiences.

Pain is often highly subjective. Every person has a different level of tolerance to pain, and at different times in their lives. So asking someone how painful it was for them may not be very helpful to you in giving you more confidence.

Pain control has come a long way within the last century, but do expect some of it, as manageable pain is often used as a way of  fine tuning your treatment while the healing progresses. The complete absence of pain can not only hide other problems, but also be incredibly dangerous.

The time for recovery from any form of surgery (including a mommy- makeover) is also highly variable, and usually depends upon a large number of different factors (many not under your control).

Hoping that the upcoming surgery goes smoothly, and that your recovery is relatively rapid and free of unmanageable pain.

L&L,

EoT

Return to “Health And Beauty”