Botox for headache

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ShirleyR

Botox for headache

Post by ShirleyR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:27 am

Has anyone here had a botox injection for headache? On consultation with a surgeon Dr. Asif Pirani in Toronto, I was suggested to get a botox treatment but I'm not sure about it. I have heard that it can treat ageing problems like wrinkles and drooping eyelids but haven't heard about botox treating headache. Does anyone know about this?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 am

For legal reasons I would suggest that you should remove the surgeon's name as well as the location of the clinic in question from your posting, using the edit button.

Botox is well known to CAUSE moderate to severe headaches in many patients.

It is usually only given as a treatment of last resort to people suffering from certain extreme forms of migraine headache, which have not so far responded to any of the usual treatments.

There is a list of possible side effects (some rare, but many of them being common) as long as your arm.

We cannot legally offer medical advice about any form of medical treatment or surgery on this forum.

It is against the law for us to recommend or make any negative comments about the services of a particular doctor or surgeon or clinic.

Please therefore always consult a professional person about this, who has your whole medical profile and history available to him or her.

Only by close private consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon will you have all the relevant information which you will require to make a fully informed decision about whether this particular form of treatment is likely to be safe, as well as being the best possible course of action for you to take at this point in time.

We wish you well,

EoT

Return to “Health And Beauty”