Undergoing rhinoplasty surgery

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PearlW

Undergoing rhinoplasty surgery

Post by PearlW » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:10 am

Hi, I have finally made a decision to undergo Rhinoplasty in a clinic in Toronto. Dr. Kris Conrad is my surgeon. I have a hump in my nose, many of my friends were forcing me to get the surgery. I wasn't afraid of going under the knife but was afraid whether I will look like someone else after the surgery. But on meeting with the surgeon last week, I clearly explained him what I need. Glad that it is conveyed very much and I hope for a good result. Has anyone here had a Rhinoplasty surgery? I would like to hear some of yours experiences.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi Pearl,

For legal reasons please do not include either the name of a surgeon or where their surgery is located in your postings. Use the edit button to make these changes NOW.

Do not allow your friends to force you into doing anything. Often easier said than done, but this is your body and therefore only you can and have the right to decide what to do or not do with it.

The surgeon in question should have been able to use the wonders of modern technology and an iPad or Android tablet, in order to fairly accurately predict what you should look like after undergoing the Rhinoplasty.

Even if you were fortunate enough to find another woman of a similar age to your own on Mystic Board who has already had the same operation, realize that no two persons will have an identical experience, pain is always highly subjective and largely a matter of perception, and that the recovery times will vary widely from one patient to the next.

Since you have already had a full consultation with your surgeon and have asked all the important questions I would recommend that you should not seek any further information or opinions through the internet or from other women, as this is only likely to make you feel more confused than ever, and could potentially put you off the whole idea of doing this with the positive intention to improve your self confidence, and make you feel better about your appearance.

It is possible to have too much information?

All the best,

EoT  :smt023

Return to “Health And Beauty”