How long do crowns last?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PriscillaR

How long do crowns last?

Post by PriscillaR » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 am

Hi, my daughter is in her mid 20's. Two of her front teeth are discolored and poorly shaped. On consultation with a dentist in a clinic in Oshawa, Clearbrook Dental, she was asked to get dental crowns which will cover them. She is bit afraid of getting them as she has not got a dental treatment before. Is it painful? And how many days you think she needs to take off from her class? Also, how long do crowns last?
Last edited by PriscillaR on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi Priscilla,

So your daughter is in her mid twenties, shall we guess on 25? That is mid twenties and you are apparently 33? Well done!

I have had a crown fitted and they are a last resort really, there are braces and  veneers to go through first. They usually take at least two visits of about an hour each time.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:54 am

Dear Talia,

We do not give third party advice to anyone. So I wouldn't worry about offering her any help. Also the rules say not to include any names or locations with their posting. I have edited hers accordingly.

Strangely over 99% of the women who are currently asking for our advice concerning different types of surgery and medical procedures, give their ages as 33. They are also often born in May, but on different days.

While this causes all sorts of problems when a reading is given based upon a false date of birth and it is a matter of trust that the person is over the age of 13 as they declared they were upon registration, it is not actually against the rules for a person to present themselves as being a different age from what they really are. For example we have more than one 99 year old in the member database whom I suspect are nowhere near as old as that.

But I can do the mathematics as well as you can, and I do understand your frustration in having to continually answer these pseudo-medical queries, in most cases without getting even a thank you. You are not the only person who feels that this forum and our kindness in providing this free service are being abused on a major scale by people using false and multiple identities.

I am hesitant to temporarily close this particular forum at this stage to stop this from happening, as this might prevent people who are doing the right thing from using it for what it was designed for, but I must confess that it is very tempting at the moment for me to remove it from the listings.

The thing that would please me the most is if all these 33 year old women would prove me wrong on all counts about what I am feeling is really going on here, as it would go a long way towards restoring my faith in human honesty and decency (a faith which has been taking a lot of damage lately, both online and offline).

Thanking you sincerely for your good works and ongoing support.

Namaste,

EoT   :smt007

Return to “Health And Beauty”