The Celestine Prophecy

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

flight _of_angelwings

The Celestine Prophecy

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:23 am

I know its been around for ages but I have yet to read it.  I just picked up a second hand copy and will start it tonight hopefully.

I was wondering how others may have found it and what you learnt form it if anything?

I'm beggining to think I'm the only person on the Earth whom hasnt read it....oh and if you think thats a record I havent read any of "Harry Potters", also havent read "Angels and Demons" and Havent read the "Davinci code".....

It doesnt end there I also have never seen any of the Rocky movies and not one Godfather too........

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:38 am

i have that book too but never got to reading it:)

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 am

Oh good I'm not alone.....haha.....my family tell me all the time that if there was something that's a craze I would avoid it for fear of my sanity......I just seem to be turned off a little to what is the latest best thing.

I tend to go in in the depths of darkness and pull out the book or movie that was a huge hit 8yrs ago and then look at it.   So while everyone else was talking about "The sixth sense"  I hadnt seen it....took me years to actually decide it was time for me to see it........oh and Jurassic park I saw it for the first time four years after it came out...and the thing is I do love to read and watch movies.

wyldorkid3

Post by wyldorkid3 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:11 am

Hi guys.

I read the book my senior year in highschool as it was passed on from a very good friend. It was the catalyst for opening up my way of thinking. Back then I believed it was Gospel, and went around spouting its teachings. One of the things I really remember is the teaching that work and all the other human experiences we get so wrapped up in are merely distractions from our original purpose. We came to the world for a specific spiritual purpose and while we were waiting to be directed, we had to find work to survive, so we started working and living and waiting and eventually we got so involved in this cycle we devolved, believing that work was our purpose.  I believe that was the second insight.  I don't remember many of the other insights now, but I know that at such a young age they made so much sense and were earth shattering revelations. I don't know if I read it again whether I will feel the same way. Maybe not. But I think it is a great book for people who need the initial push toward a paradigm shift. And its certainly entertaining.Back then i couldn't put it down. I'd love to know what a grown up thinks about it, since I was so juvenile when i read it. Enjoy it.

Hugs
Jen

MoonGoddess

Yep Read it

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13 am

I lost my copy of it after reading it an now have the Experiential Guide which is more like a text book on how to do the things in it.  I thought Celestine Prophesies was a bit of an eye opener for me back then but made lots of sense to me as I had been experience some of the stuff in there for a while.  It is written like and adventure documentary and I found it easy to read, it is well worth reading as it makes you look at life from a different angle.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

TrayC

Post by TrayC » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:31 am

I have read both of them.( the tenth insight) I also found an " experiential guide". I really enjoyed the books.

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:50 am

Thanks for letting me know about your thoughts with the book.  I actually already have a copy of the tenth insight just havent read it but will do so after the celestine prophecy.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:15 am

I have never heard of this book, think i will need to find a copy of it to read.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:12 pm

suzisco wrote:I have never heard of this book, think i will need to find a copy of it to read.
Ditto.

Delphina

Re: The Celestine Prophecy

Post by Delphina » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 am

flight _of_angelwings wrote:I know its been around for ages but I have yet to read it.....
I'm beginning to think I'm the only person on the Earth whom hasn't read it....oh and if you think thats a record I haven't read any of "Harry Potters", also haven't read "Angels and Demons" and Haven't read the "Da vinci code".....
It doesn't end there I also have never seen any of the Rocky movies and not one Godfather too........
Hi Angel;

I read this book when it first came out, (approx 8 years ago?)... And it is one of the few that I can still remember most of the detail of!

As for HP... no, A&D...no, DV... no, although I did try watching the movie, but shut it off 1/2 hour into it. Rocky.. one or two of them, GF... no.

But I have seen Ice Age 1&2, Shrek 1&2,Brother Bear, Stargate, etc

Delphina

Vlinder

Post by Vlinder » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:38 pm

I read James Redfield's Celestine Prophecy when it first came out and was so intrigued by it, especially the part where it demonstrated on how we can "pull" on another's energy when in conflict. Since then I've seen the film, though story-wise not as good as the book which is very often the case, very good to see how the energy works. I read The Tenth Insight, which I also enjoyed and recently The Secret of Shambhala - In search of the eleventh insight. J.R. is such a good story-teller and the books have really good spiritual messages in them. In this book he demonstrates how to keep your energy level high when faced with negativity, fear for example.
When we change the way we look at things the things we look at change.

MangoMom

The Celestine Prophecy

Post by MangoMom » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:34 am

I read the book way back then, it was a part of the catalyst that helped me to realize I could think outside the box and that I could believe outside the box.  I loan my copy out to others often, and this is one book that is returned with a smile.  I read the 10th Insight as well.  This could be a book recommended to newbies.  Havent' read any of the Harry Potter books, but have seen all of them but the last one, waiting for my grandson to come into town so we can go watch it together.

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”