What is your Favourite Book Ever?

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 pm

I am reading a novel now about a tarot reader. It's a chick lit love story, but I think it's cool because the main character is a tarot reader. It's called Accidentally Engaged. It's pretty good so far if you like this genre.

EarlofLeicester

Re: Winks at EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 pm

Beaujolais wrote:Thanks for all those recommendations EarlofLeicester, anything similar or written in the era of King Arthur is surely a good sign that it's worth reading!  The myth of King Arthur and The Mists of Avalon are rich in verse, with an aura of mystery and magick!

Have to get that poetry book you like, it sounds like a gem.  And "Lord of the Rings" is such great storytelling!

Got good taste there!
Mists of Avalon was a powerful tale, confirming in my mind that Morgan (aka Morgana, Morgaine, Morgan le Fay) is one of the most important females in literary/quasihistory.  You have good taste, too!
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Fraser21

My Books... From Dahl Ronald

Post by Fraser21 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:51 pm

I like the books written by him, Including Charlie and the chocolate factory, and witches...

Recently I was hooked on Harry potter...

Wellz...
I'm not really a big time reader... haha

questor

Post by questor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:25 pm

i love ELEVEN MINUTES -- paolo coelho!

Sabisha

Post by Sabisha » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:15 pm

"Helen of Troy" by Margaret George. I loved it!

Nimisha

Post by Nimisha » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:29 am

My favorite is the Jaran series by Kate Elliott.  

Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series is wonderful.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is one I read and reread.

Pook

Post by Pook » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:11 pm

I will read anything by Jane Austen or J.R.R. Tolkien (even essays/letters.) With Tolkien its almost like reading history and I love to sit around and read about history. Austen is quite witty and I enjoy learning about the period she lived in through her writing.

I'm much into the romance, fantasy, and/or sci-fi genres. (Charlotte Bronte, J.K. Rowling, Edgar Allen Poe, Frank Herbert are amongst my favorites.)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:21 pm

i rediscovered Georgette Heyer novels whilst on holiday, they are the ultimate in period romance novels.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

student

Post by student » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:45 pm

My favourite all time books to read is:

Karma Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
with Regards
Student

Mali

Post by Mali » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 pm

Well I can't say exactly which is my favourite as when it comes to book,
there is a lot which I like.
What I can say is  as for music, books also is the same for me,I can read any kind of style since it has a good story and great characters.
Birth is a miracle...and even death

-D2C-

Post by -D2C- » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:23 pm

The best book i have ever read is "Our Ultimate Reality" by Adrian Cooper
This book talks about everythin all spirituality and stuff like that its 680 pages long and covers quite everythin you need to know about world and how dose it work. Energy, after life, astral world, karma and so on.(Y) very good book (Y)

Magickal Wind

Post by Magickal Wind » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:23 pm

"The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley is one of my absolute favorites.  I also love "Enchanted April."
~Magick

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 am

looks like  I need to go book shopping to add all these to my collection:D

Eagle Iceland

my favorite books

Post by Eagle Iceland » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:24 pm

are just to many to list here. But everything about the icelandic heritage (vikings), the old Icelandic strories, Snorra-Edda, Hávamál,Gísla saga-súrssonar. Everything. Iceland is very big in the bilief of elves, trolls and ghosts. The stories my grandma told me could make the hair rise on the back of your neck and it would not settle for quite some time. Many books on greek mythology. Ohh there are soooo many books. But if I had to ask you to read just one-read Snorra Edda. It is so good and also tells you so many things of Iceland in the old days,their beliefs and so on.

Maby one day my head will be better collected as to which books are the top top rank.

Vlinder

Post by Vlinder » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:37 pm

Wiyanna de Zonnemaagd (Wiyanna The sun virgin) by Theresine Teurlinckx. This is a book I treasure and can read many times, about a young indian girl who undergoes certain initiations to enter the sun temple. The author is Dutch and I don't think there's an English translation for it unfortunately.
When we change the way we look at things the things we look at change.

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”