Books to Learn From

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

suzisco

Books to Learn From

Post by suzisco » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:14 pm

We all have referred to text books relating to our various interests.  I hope that we can use this space to share what books we have read that have helped us on our journey.  If the list gets too big i will divide them up into Tarot, gems, astrology etc.

The book i am currently reading is called Tarot for Life and Love by
Jane Struthers published by Kyle Cathie Ltd.

This is a book that helps you to use tarot to get the most out of your relationships.  Its easy to use and interesting.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

eleace

A Must Read

Post by eleace » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:25 pm

the Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Eleace Eldridge

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 am

Many Masters Many Lives
is a great book about rebirth and past lives.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:43 am

They all sound good, thanks~!!  :)

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Hands Of Light
Light Emerging  by Barbara Ann Brennan
Great for understanding auras and energy to use in healing and psychic work...I couldnt live without them.

Book Of Stones
Crystals

Mias World
Mia Dolan

Beaujolais

I recommend "Anatomy of the Spirit"

Post by Beaujolais » Tue May 01, 2007 10:18 am

"Anatomy of the Spirit:  The Seven Stages of Power and Healing " by Caroline Myss.  It's a recommendation for all who want to know the deeper emotional and spiritual connections and stages of development of the chakras and aura.

ISBN-10: 0609800140
ISBN-13: 978-0609800140

320 pages (available mostly in paperback).
The mystical is always questioned, tantalising us with imagination, and never gives us a direct answer.  It's philosophical path only opens a door of mirrors and reflects the light within us.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun May 13, 2007 12:14 pm

Introduction to the Runes:

A Practical Guide to the Runes by Lisa Peschel

Good, quick synopsis to casting the runes.  Insightful meanings to rune symbology.  Ignore references to the blank rune (please).

The Book of Runes by Francis Melville

Synopsis of the runes that includes color pictures (!) and association with Norse mythology and traditions, which is actually very helpful in better understanding the runes.  Also includes a table of association with non-runic disciplines for each rune so those who are versed in other disciplines (like astrology) can make an intuitive association with the rune.

Lhna28

Post by Lhna28 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:05 am

"Dancing with the Devil" - Survival for healers and therapists by David Ashworth. recommended for those thinking of doing reiki or using healing energy.

Synopsis:

It is a book about healing, about psychic attack and how to resist; about reiki: about the chakras and subtle bodies;and about the responsibilities of all who work with energy. Discusses the responsibilities and needs of those who seek to raise  their rate of vibration by reiki attunement, and gives a strong warning to all who treat the subject lightly and irreverntly.

This is the best book i have ever read about reiki. As most books will only discuss the pros of reiki but never the cons of it. This book scares the living daylight out of me but im glad i read it. It makes you think twice before taking reiki attunement.

Spiritboxer

Post by Spiritboxer » Sun May 27, 2007 8:07 am

The Kybalion by Three Initiates, excellent discourse on Hermetics and the mechanics of reality. Actually available on-line if you want to do a search.
My favorite reiki tome is "Essential Reiki" by Diane Stein. A really fun read, couldn't put it down.
Carlos

almqvist

Post by almqvist » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:44 am

the anatomy of melancholy. forget who the author is, but it's basically a bible, written in the 16th century

Cecilia

Forest of Souls, By Rachel Pollack

Post by Cecilia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:32 am

This is a good book, and the author has mentioned she has written it so beginners and veterans alike will glean good ideas from it, but I'm having trouble following. She talks alot about her own deck she has made herself, which seems to be extremely similar to The Rider deck.
But my point is, has anyone ever read this? Is it worth finishing?
Also... I need a good book for the Rider deck thats good for brandy new aspiring readers, like me :o)

lizard49

Horary astrology book

Post by lizard49 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:23 pm

<I>Simplified Horary Astrology</I> by Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson. I wish I still had it.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:09 pm

I love to read from The Celestine Prophecy from James Redfield it had help me to understand about our birth vision and what the human evolution will go thru. Great reading :)
Love and Light Everyone!
Southern_Sky

marcmuff

Post by marcmuff » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:34 am

I loved "The Celestine Prophecy". &nbsp;I also saw the movie recently (on DVD) &nbsp;that I thought was really good. &nbsp;I need to read the book again and then watch the movie again.

I am currently reading several books, mostly of authors on Hay House and Hay House Radio.

"Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life", by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. &nbsp;His previous book "Being in Balance" was wonderful, as are all of his books and audio CDs, DVDs etc. &nbsp;I just watched his latest PBS presentation on the "Change Your Thoughts...." book which is based on the 81 chapters of the Tao Te Ching (pronounced dow de Ching) &nbsp; He also has an excellent meditation tape on this subject.

I am also reading, "Psychic Navigator" by John Holland &nbsp; &nbsp;and

"Ask and It is Given" and "The Law of Attraction" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. &nbsp;I have listened to their 5 CD set on the "Law of Attraction"

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:34 pm

They all sounds really interesting, think i will have a look for a couple of your recomendations. &nbsp;Thanks Marcmuff.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality &nbsp; &nbsp;Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”