The Secret

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

KMP50

The Secret

Post by KMP50 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:47 pm

Has anyone read this - and does it work for you? :smt017
Kathy

miladsaberi

Post by miladsaberi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:23 pm

No but I'd like to have link for an electronic version of it on the net if you can !

Thanks

Dreams & Reality

Post by Dreams & Reality » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 pm

It's believing that what you wish for you already have, and being grateful for having it.
Dreams & Reality
Best wishes to all
From Dreams & Reality

giggledoll00

Post by giggledoll00 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:22 pm

i haven't read it but i've seen the movie. it does work as long as you actually believe in it and you're realistic. asking for a pot of gold won't do anything, but if u think i'll get $100 instead of i'm in debt $100, you put out good vibes, and then get good vibes back
behold the power of three

SteadyHills

Post by SteadyHills » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 am

Thinking positive and showing gratitude is always a good thing !!

LordLeckie

Post by LordLeckie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:51 am

I think the Chasers War on Everything sums it up best.

Fekona

Experienced

Post by Fekona » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Hello I have read The Secret it is a wonderful book only if you really apply it to your own life, It has made a huge difference in my life, I still have a hard time believing that this is really me and this is my life! I highly recommend this book for everyone and please have a open mind, I also watched the movie and that was the icing on the cake for me I never felt so much love till I started applying The Secret into my life each and every day!!
It is truly an amazing Book and Movie combo when I feel down I just flip through the book to a random page and read what it says
When you get a chance please Google The Secret check out the Gifts for You Tab allot of really good resources for you to help yourself be a better you! there is also a place where you can purchase the book movie and many other great things!

Peace and Love
Fekona

LeighDoo

The Secret

Post by LeighDoo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:44 pm

I have and I think it is powerful stuff.  I think it requires more that just wishing for something though.  I have launched into another book called The Answer which focuses on subconcious (versus the concious) mind which is really what drives our outcomes.  This book offers some good advice on re-training the subconcious mind i.e. with visualizations and postive affirmations.  I found The Secret a good starting place with the concept of positive thinking, I think The Answer offers more concrete explanations on how the mind works and how we can change it to empower ourselves and change your life.

floraw

Post by floraw » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I got the book and the movie, and both of them are fine. But the study of the law of the attraction is just the top of the iceberg. Having gratitude, positive thoughts and get focused on the wishes, it is always nice, but for me it was not enough. In the process we say that we have to ask, believe and then receive. But it is not that easy. We have to pay attention to the details, to our inner resistants, the beliefs we have that can limit us, fears, phobias and so on. Then I had to develop a good job os self-observing at first, in order to get in touch with the real wishes and needs. Theh, I studied my points of view, the common answers from life, the reactions from parents and people close to me.  The investigation, the pleasure for news and achievements, it is a part of the process, so important as the secret itself

Antigone

Post by Antigone » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Positive thinking generates positive response. I love it =)
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

msbejeweled

The Secret

Post by msbejeweled » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:20 pm

It's about the law of attraction.  What you think about you create.  If you think good, positive thoughts and that is the energy that you project that is what you will get back.  Plus the positive energy is passed on to other people, like the ripple effect.  Love and Light to all.

secretsoul

i agree

Post by secretsoul » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:55 pm

yes the secret its work for me! and its about believe. nad of curse the law of attraction is exist. many times the secret help me to fix many thinks. my life. my love and above all my faith.
may the divine power be with you!

gina_love_21

Amazing Book!!!

Post by gina_love_21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 am

I went through a period in my life where this really helped me out. It's all about the law of attraction. It states that everything you think about is sent into the universe and the universe, in turn, sends back to you the same things. Therefore, if you constantly think about being unhappy, you will be unhappy. If you constantly think about being in debt, you will always be in debt. BUT, here's the great part, if you think positively, positive things will come in return. It's all about how you feel and think. It's amazing how well it works. I definitely suggest buying the book, watching the movie, or listening to the audio. It's well worth the time and money.

P.S. Everything in The Secret is backed up by professionals and personal experiences.

biljanin

Post by biljanin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

it's one of my favorite...I can say it changed my life 3 years ago when I found about it! All the pictures that I put on my vision board became a reality.I think that you just need to believe

alexisbea

Post by alexisbea » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 am

I haven't read it but I am in the process of reading it. I have seen the movie and I do believe in the law of attraction. It's an awesome idea nonetheless!
and in the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”