Conversations with God

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aviendra

Conversations with God

Post by Aviendra » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Hello everyone :)

I have just recently read the book "Conversations with God" and I would love to hear of anyone else who had read it and what their opinion on it is.
I find it truly fascinating! And there are a lot of points in it that are so profound, I find myself nodding my head and instinctively "know" they are right...

I'd love to open up a discussion!
Thanks for your time :)

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Great stuff.  I think Neale has like 11 books out now, and I've read maybe six of them--the later ones get better, I think, as Neale becomes a more clear channel and transcends some of his early Christian programming.

Sometimes, though, I can't help suspecting that he is being disengenous.

miladsaberi

Post by miladsaberi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:20 pm

I haven't dude but I would be gratefull to get a link from you to a source !

Thanks

mapis

Post by mapis » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 am

I read the first 3 of his books and really got a lot out of them at the time.  Also saw the movie the other day - low budget but it gets the message across nicely.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:29 am

I have read one , donated the other:)
I guess i shall get myself the whole collection sometime soon!

royalcrab

conversations w/ God

Post by royalcrab » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm

If you ask questions (guidence) in prayer, you will find answers in His word, the Bible.

beawolf

WONDERFUL

Post by beawolf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:16 pm

THRU MY LIFE I HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS RELIGIONS, NONE OF THEM EVER FELT RIGHT.  AS I READ THIS BOOK (THAT I FOUND IN MY GREAT-AUNT'S BATHROOM) EVERY THING STARTED FALLING IN PLACE.

Aviendra

Post by Aviendra » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Hmmm...yeah, I was the same...I'm up to the 3rd book now and so much of the content seems to ring true for me...has me questioning a lot of what I originally believed in too...

Like, that whole good versus evil thing...if these books were correct, than there is no truly "evil" beings...and there is no Devil! And Hitler went to Heaven! That really shook me up...that bit...

LUVLOTUS

Post by LUVLOTUS » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:13 pm

I read six books , each one is a masterpiece. Thanks Neale donald Walsch.

Vlinder

Post by Vlinder » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 pm

I've recently listened to the 3 audio books, magnificently narrated, especially impressed with Ellen Burstyne's "telling". I could see where a lot of other authors have obtained their information from and put it into a new jacket, The Secret for instance. So some of it wasn't new to me and some of it I just couldn't take on board, my mind couldn't conceive (also the Hitler bit), but ........... yes, a lot did make sense. What confused me though was, one of the questions early on about the difference between soul and spirit. Niel was told that the spirit was with the physical body and the soul with God and when the physical body died the spirit reunited with the soul. Much later on he was told that the soul was in the aura; because our auras interact he asked "where does one soul begin and one end", the reply being "we are all one soul". So, I find it a bit contradictory, is our soul with our physical being or on another plane?
When we change the way we look at things the things we look at change.

SteadyHills

Post by SteadyHills » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:43 am

I have read book one and read pieces of two and three. I ended up purchasing "The Complete Convesations with God" book which is contains the entire text of Book #1, 2, and 3 in one book. I like to refer to different sections when questioning or pondering certain things. I also randomly open the book and feel drawn to certain text or lessons provided (sometimes in relation to a question I have).

I have also watched the movie ....

I feel these books are great and have helped me open my mind ....

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:40 am

lets write down a talk.

YOOOOUUUU!!!

YOUUUUUU!

chur sup what you doin?

humm not much this typing thing is difficult

all it takes is practise

wish i payed attention in ICT at school

a  

yeah

Well im bored

KK um of?

not much im really paying attention.

to?

well this person writing this will begin to take charge of what all is you will see

ha

humm now what about them?

have you seen the face of god?

i didnt believe what i saw.

...??
point.

that all i should write?

yes

TuomasT

Re: Conversations with God

Post by TuomasT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Aviendra wrote:Hello everyone :)

I have just recently read the book "Conversations with God" and I would love to hear of anyone else who had read it and what their opinion on it is.
I find it truly fascinating! And there are a lot of points in it that are so profound, I find myself nodding my head and instinctively "know" they are right...

I'd love to open up a discussion!
Thanks for your time :)
I liked the movie.
"If you let God's Heart beat in union with your heart you will truly behold the Love of God"

sidchowdary

hi

Post by sidchowdary » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:03 am

planning to read but heard it was a good book
GAUTAMCHALASANI

antoniusyp

Need help.

Post by antoniusyp » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am

I am in a way looking for enhance my spiritual life.
I've been doing reiki things and meditations. By my self or attending workshops. Yet, I find it hard to reach even the lowest level of enlightment.
Any clue?......
Thank you..

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”