Tintin Collection

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Tintin Collection

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:30 am

Does anyone have a complete TinTin Comics collection..
I havent been able to afford it :)
but i guess i shall have it someday
swetha

ash1234

Post by ash1234 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:47 am

Yes I do...except for TinTin in the land of the Soviets.I`ve read and reread them a million times since i was a kid.Brings back great memories.I think they are all great except for TinTin in the Congo (personal opinion).Very imaginative work.Yes they are really expensive, so what i did was to search in some old book stores and buy the second hand copy.
God with us

Pravin Kumar

Tintin Collection

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:17 pm

When young I read all the comics including Tintin and I found it very interesting. Also the other ones were Batman and Robin, Superman, Phantom and some other names I do not recollect now. Reminds of my younger days.

Pravin Kumar

blacksnake

Post by blacksnake » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:38 am

yeah, I love tintin too

harvina

Post by harvina » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:48 am

hi swetha,

yes, i love tintin as well.. esp the two incompetant bumbling detectives, thomson & thompson. i understand that steven speilberg will be directing a movie on this..it'll be out next year.. looking forward to it;-)

mietooo

Post by mietooo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:04 am

No I don't have TinTin, but loved it as a youngster, and can't wait for the movie to be released.
~Mietooo

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:50 pm

I have the full set of books, I bought one each week when I was younger and didn't have much money.  I gave them to my younger brother.

A few months ago I bought a complete set, 3 in one book, from Amazon.  I just put away some money and saved until I got it.  

I'm not keen on the movie side of this, will refrain from commenting on it until I see it first hand.  Who is playing Tintin?  Captain? et al

JJ
Faith in oneself to believe in faith to believe in oneself.  JJ

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”