A DARN GOOD BOOK

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

hippydude

A DARN GOOD BOOK

Post by hippydude » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:15 pm

the bible. it is the only book that will scare the hell out of you.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 pm

It will scare  you alright. But why does God need to scare one into believing in Him, if we all have freewill? Should not love, unconditional love be the way?

danielmckey

Post by danielmckey » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:26 pm

Yea...You only scared if you make a lot of sin..
Dan

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 pm

Would you care to define sin daniel?
According to most christians I know this would be classed as sinful as it gets.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah thats what i was thinking...
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Eagle Iceland

the bible..

Post by Eagle Iceland » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:30 pm

..does actually soothe me rather than scare me.
And one particular line I always read when feeling scared or imbalanced.

"But the earth was deserted and empty and darkness covered the depths, and the spirit of God soared over the waters. Then God sayed; Let there be light! And so it was done. And God saw the light was good"

(this is just a bad translation from icelandic, can you post the english version here please)

This line always makes me feel good. It is so beautyful really. And so symbolic. It always warms my heart.

Blessings
Eagle Iceland

Quikdraw911

Post by Quikdraw911 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 am

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Would you care to define sin daniel?
According to most christians I know this would be classed as sinful as it gets.
The blow that misses, may yet catch you on the back swing. Never lower your guard, nor your defenses.

Quikdraw911

sin

Post by Quikdraw911 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 am

yes professor, you are correct.
I am 32 years old. when my mother found out that i was interested in alternate religions, she told me that she could no longer associate with me or my family as she felt it would put her immortal soul at risk.
My mother is almost 70 years old and has been a christian for 56 years.  In 56 years she has not developed enough faith in her god, that she believes he will not protect her from my ( sin)?

i explained to her that my choices in life had no bearing or reflection upon her.  If i was wrong in my choices then i was the one that would have to face judgment for it when my time came.  free will equals the ability to make your own choices in life and any punishment for the choices you make are your own.  

talked myself blue in the face for 45 minutes.   finally i told her that i would remove myself and my family from any and all family functions to which she might attend so that she would not have to risk her immortal soul.

i have not attended a function nor seen her since this summer past.  she was hospitalized for a short time and i could not even go to see her for fear that i would upset her and make her fear for her soul.
The blow that misses, may yet catch you on the back swing. Never lower your guard, nor your defenses.

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”