Are you a Ayn Rand fan?

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Which is your Favorite Ayn Rand Book?

Fountainhead
33%
Atlas Shrugged
67%
Anthem
No votes
We the Living
No votes
Others ( Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 9

swetha
Site Admin

Are you a Ayn Rand fan?

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:49 am

Hello,
just wanted to know if anyone out there reads Ayn Rand? lieks dislikes, pros cons, views, opinions:)
and  a poll for fun

chandrika s

Post by chandrika s » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:42 pm

I am a big fan of hers. Even though i liked both fountainhead and atlas shrugged, i find fountainhead more neat and crisp. I admire her charactrizations their strength, their courage in standing up for their ideals.

Chandrika

chandrika s

Ayn Rand

Post by chandrika s » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi

I cant believe that no other member of the board has read or liked Ayn Rand. Why no more than 2 votes friends?

Chandrika

avikat

Post by avikat » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:23 pm

have only read Fountainhead when i was in college....was greatly influenced wih it....it was the first book which i read in which self was given more importance than the society....
even in today we r following so many customs and superstitions just becoz we want to please others and don't have the strength to stand against the society...taking stand against the society need lot of guts and courage...its not easy and so we tend to avoid it....

sladoled77

:)

Post by sladoled77 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:03 am

yes i am
i love and reading still  Atlas Shrugged

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:43 am

Who is John Galt?
I love her books.  Fountainhead was on tv. this week.  I was fun watching it.  Image (chai Cheers to Aaaaaaayn Rand fans)
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

LordLeckie

Post by LordLeckie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:49 am

Why didn't i notice this thread earlier? Took me 3 months of searching to get a copy ordered in for me, loved Atlas Shrugged and am currently trying to get my hands on some of her other books.

Looking for as much Objectivist literature as i can find, very very interested in it as a life philosophy.

Copper

Ayn Rand fan

Post by Copper » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 am

I love the ideals of Ayn Rand, the strength of character, and the unforgettable imagery. It's a little overboard on the materialism, but hey, everyone has their thing. I have read every book, and they are always great for a reread if you're on vacation and find it on your hosts' bookshelf.

Ronnie83

Post by Ronnie83 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I am a fan and am re-reading Atlas Shrugged for pleasure. I read it first in college-with an attitude of "Is this going to be on the test?" Now, I am taking my time and trying to get as much out of it as possible.

avikat

Post by avikat » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 am

I love Ayn Rand's 'Fountainhead'. I read it when I was doing my graduation. Her philosphy about giving importance to 'individualism' rather than the 'universe' impressed me a lot at that time. However, now I realize it is not as practical as it seems to be. There needs to be a balance between the two.

frysome

Post by frysome » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 pm

I have not read Ann Rand books. However, since I am getting acquainted with the layout of MysticBoard I request you permit me to explore.I am a numerology fan.
Havn't fount access to the numerology forum, yet.

frysome

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Has anyone read The night of Jan 16

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 am

i once read the first page of 'We the Living' and instantly liked it. i would definitely want to read more of her.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”