The Isa Upanishad.."A book Review."

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:57 pm

ok my first question is "what is Isa Upanishad"? according to you John.

dhav :smt003
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

acaveyogi

The Isa Upanishad..Explored

Post by acaveyogi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:47 pm

dhav wrote:ok my first question is "what is Isa Upanishad"? according to you John.

dhav :smt003
Hi Dhav and welcome to this topic!

Hindu philosophy generally considers humankind caught in a cycle of death and rebirth that is called "reincarnation." The goal of the ancient yogis was to break this cycle of reincarnation. The Isa Upanishad is a Hindu work/writing that attempts to explain the basic fundimentals of how breaking this cycle was done as a yogi.

I find the Isa very interesting because it teaches the same things that I was taught and experienced as a mystic yogi (a cave yogi) before I ever read it. Because modern (today's yogis) do not teach most of what the Isa talks about, I thought that it might be intesting to share with interested others what the Isa is actually talking about.

And Dhav to be honest with you, I did not expect anybody to show interested participation in what I was attempting to do. :) All of a sudden I have three wonderful people attemting to show interested participation in a topic that I had poorly defined. And I feel really bad about it.

I was in Book Review :) nothing really ever happens there :) And I was attempting to tag the Google search engine to bring folks interested in "Immortality and Ascension" in to this messageboard to maybe have a look at "The Window to the Mystic World". Immortality is fairly big right now as a search query. When I queried "the mystic experience" the other day, Bandit and my "A Mystic Challenge" topic came up third in Google. Who knew :) "Charging Objects" is probably going to come up with Credit Card Dept :)

Love you guys!

john

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:35 am

Well i am interested in the topic as i am fascinated about how to break this cycle of death and life.i just didn't know which words to put in here.i only read and grasp.Great Isa is all about what you already knew about.It justifies that which is true and which is not.

dhav ;-)

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 pm

dhav wrote:Well i am interested in the topic as i am fascinated about how to break this cycle of death and life.i just didn't know which words to put in here.i only read and grasp.Great Isa is all about what you already knew about.It justifies that which is true and which is not.

dhav ;-)
:) that was very well done!

I was just getting ready to take this topic to the "Paralell Universes and Planets and Aliens" forum. :) We have a "hot topic" here if it is played right; and it is about something that I actually know something about. :)

And the whole concept possibility as a "Hot topic" was a gift from yours and Suzi's and Rhutobella's input! Which was actually totally to cool!

Now I have to re gear :)

In order to break the reincarnation cycle (if one considers "reincarnation" a viable reality) one first has to focus on the "Eternal" and not the "transient". Basically this means focusing on the Creator/ Brahma, and not on His creation. Which is why with most (but not all) real yogis, good luck finding them, you are the transient and you disrupt their focus on the Eternal. :) This is why most of the yogi folk that you run across in todays world are just commercial yogis. And basically these folk have a map to a path, but they have never been up it. Yet they are still teaching it to others, usually at a profit. It is the old, "Gee, I have a map to a gold mine thing."

So Dhav my friend, may I ask this question, "How is your relationship with the Divine?" In order for this stuff to even begin to work (and the Isa writer assumes that this has already happend) your temple needs to be truely occupied by the Spirit of Brahma. This spirit is called Brahman. :) Yep, the "Holy Spirit of God!"

So Dhav :) is God camped out, and settled in nicely, in your temple? With the understanding that one becomes what they "channel" so to speak. And only God can teach what God knows. Otherwise we are just running "extended lifespans", which also can be done.

The Isa Upanishad has abit of a "trap" in it :) God but I love this little book!

Love you Dhav!

john
For those of you that can see the living energy that living things give off, the young lady in my "avatar" picture radiates, "Sunshine Life and Love".

acaveyogi

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Ok Dhav, this is my suggestion, "Take one small flower and lay it at the feet of Shiva, and then hang on!" He likes this messageboard and he likes your family.

You are loved!

john
For those of you that can see the living energy that living things give off, the young lady in my "avatar" picture radiates, "Sunshine Life and Love".

acaveyogi

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 pm

well i love Krisna if you ask me about my temple.Shiva do manifest in my dreams as lingum.i recently saw a god with 4 hands and the symbol of sun near him.i can't figure out if it was Visnu or Sun god.

Lord Shiva loves us all.

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:43 am

dhav wrote:well i love Krisna if you ask me about my temple.Shiva do manifest in my dreams as lingum.i recently saw a god with 4 hands and the symbol of sun near him.i can't figure out if it was Visnu or Sun god.

Lord Shiva loves us all.
Dhav, I know that you worship Vishnu and consider Krishna as His Christ. All is well! Shiva and Lakshmi are also on your side. I don't know how you did it :) but those in Hindu Heaven seem to like you guys. Ok?

You are loved! And I am glad for the privilege to be a part of it. And India is in my soul. I am just reincarnated in America because I am in somewhat of a conflict with some of the Swami folk :) . India carries a heritage that is a gift to humankind, and some of those swami folk are dinking with it in todays world :)

john

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:19 pm

The ones from heaven love all of us however we are.i don't think i did something for them to love me as they already do.lol.which guys are u saying about?
but those in Hindu Heaven seem to like you guys. Ok?

i am not from India but Mauritius(a small tropical island).currently i am in india for my studies which hopefully will be ending in these months.yes India carries lots of gifts if used properly.

dhav :smt005

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:37 pm

dhav wrote:well i love Krisna if you ask me about my temple.Shiva do manifest in my dreams as lingum.i recently saw a god with 4 hands and the symbol of sun near him.i can't figure out if it was Visnu or Sun god.

Lord Shiva loves us all.
Jehovah is my God and Jesus is my Christ. Lord Shiva is my very good friend. He has taught me everything that I know about Yoga Science (yoga meaning "yoking/yoked to "God the Supreme"". And what is funny is that the Isa teaches what Jesus was actually teaching :) and some folks even claim that Jesus wrote the Isa when He was in India durring His youth. Jesus was a yogi :) which is why His message did not fit well in the Jewish community and my message does not fit well in the Christianity of today's world.

If you would like to have a closer look at me, I am in this website under John Scott: http://www.floatingwizard.com/

And Lord Krisna is also teaching how to become yoked to "God the Supreme." All these people are actually on the same side. And followers of Lord Krisna have also ascended. I love Lord Krisna He is a gift to humankind.

About your dream: When ever I reach out and give Lord Shiva a loving hug (which is all the time) He becomes golden white sunshine and love. And God the Supreme becomes real. I have no idea how Lord Shiva does that :) but I love it when He does it!

All of these paths come together and start to become the same.

Love you!

john

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Wow! With all you have done when did you have time to be (kid) grow up  :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:50 pm

i saw the article about you,John.Interesting.i also saw the article/book you have written about fae and Mother Earth.i didn't got to read it completely but will surely do it.i like reading such things.
I beleive we should let Mother Earth live within us.i tried it sometimes.i did felt her heart beating with mine.

dhav :smt005

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”