The Ahriman Gate: Some Gates Should Not Be Opened

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Omnicron Solaris

The Ahriman Gate: Some Gates Should Not Be Opened

Post by Omnicron Solaris » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:08 am

I'm not and avid reader. I enjoy reading but it takes me awhile to finish a book.
The Ahriman Gate took me just two days to finish reading this 400 page. A new personal best! This book just seemed to dig it's claws into me and not let go.
That having been said, parts of the plot of the book left me scratching my head wondering "where are the authors going with all this".

Good points:
Very interesting concept, entertaining and generally well written. The (human) characters are well developed and believable.

Bad Points:
The author obviously wanted to combine all the popular myths of our time (UFO's, alien visitors, Bigfoot, MIB, secret societies, bible prophecy, etc) into one story. But all these elements, instead of giving the story depth, make the story a little "poogy" and lugubrious in places... Too many threads to weave into a proper story "cloth". I think that if the authors had focused more on character development, had a little more action and moved the plot along a little faster this would have been a great book.

Conclusion:
If your not religious or don't believe in God or Jesus then this book is most certainly not for you. When ever a character is in serious trouble they call out for divine help. There are at least 25+ direct bible passages quoted by characters. If you think that this would make you feel irritated/uncomfortable then give this book a pass. However, if you'd like to see the good guy empowered by a deep faith in the divine put boot to evil butt, then this book is for you.

P.S. You can also get the Ebook from the authors web page in a PDF format for $8.00.
Good deal if you ask me.

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”