Tarot for Your Self by Mary K. Greer

Have you recently read a good book which you would recommend to others? Have you come across a book which put you to sleep? Discuss and review the book here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Kimmee

Tarot for Your Self by Mary K. Greer

Post by Kimmee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

This is an excellent reflective book with text on and about tarot that asks some questions with space for you to write your own answers. It is a really good tool for learning more about different techniques, and opens a LOT of doors for people stuck in a tarot "rut" with mental blocks on opportunities on how to read the cards.

While you're doing the workbook, for a beginner I recommend having secondary reading sources available only if you're really picky at reflective thought... but only if you won't get overwhelmed! Because you CAN do it without anything other than the reflective text inside the workbook. This is what hindered me from completing it the first time through (I got too perfectionistic in answering the questions without enough material behind my answers, I needed more time) and now I'm going through it again, love this book!

My biggest regret: I bought this workbook when I was 17 and was sharing it with my mother. We were both writing our answers in different notebooks instead of the actual book because we were sharing the paperback and first of all because of this neither of us were able to complete the book. Then when I retrieved it today, the book just seems wrong being so empty. Don't be greedy and not write in the pages. If you can't bring yourself to write in a book (some people can't) take my advice, you'll feel better years later if you find it and it DOES have something written inside! Draft your answers on a different paper then write them in with pen or pencil... do something on the actual page! It seems so barren and I hate myself for not getting my own individual copy and writing everywhere inside the actual book because we were opposed to writing inside books. It's a text WORKBOOK so write your work down inside of it! The side notebook trick just seems so wrong to flip through it without getting your own answers with the text immediately, unless you want really long answers. Maybe like, keep a journal and have a much better system at connecting the two than I did... (((just my own experience/personal advice))) now I have to redo it, and can't find my other notes because it's been 5 years.

I recommend this book for anyone but especially those in overbearing tarot patterns who need to break free! Give it a try it with "expand your thinking vocabulary" in a way.  :smt002

Return to “Book Review And Discussion”