Atlantis

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Atlantis

Fact
94%
Fiction
6%

Total votes: 48

Delphina

Atlantis

Post by Delphina » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:30 am

Atlantis...

Some say it is a myth, while others say it is a fact.

If it is a myth, then why is it that just about every person on every continent knows of it.  If it was a myth or a fairy tale.... someone did a pretty good job at that unwritten book through the ages.  Or have all those people read Homer?

What do you think?    :smt017
Check Out Atlantis Astrology!!

Delphina

Blood Typing

Post by Delphina » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 am

Blood Type:
 Many believe that the ancestry of the Atlantians can be traced through O-negative blood.  
Did you know that only 7 to 9% of the worlds population has o-negative blood.  Most of the ancestry O- can be traced back to 3 main areas.
What is your opinion?   :smt006

Blugoddess

I believe in Atlantis!

Post by Blugoddess » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:40 am

To be honest I don't know why I believe I just have a gut feeling. But I am o- do you think my ancestry can be traced back there? :-)
God and light be with you!

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Delphina, I think you are mixing up your Greeks, It was Plato in Timaeus & Critius who first mentioned Altantis as being beyond the Pillars of Hercules (Straits of Gibralter).It is thought by many scholars to be allegorical.

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 am

Hi Prof

Actually I was thinking about the books that were mandatory reading in school for first myself, and then my children.

One of those off of the cuff things... ;-)

Delphina

TobyzMama

Post by TobyzMama » Thu May 03, 2007 2:26 am

i didn't know the statistic for the o- blood, that's quite interesting.

here's a thought~ what cultural background do we believe the atlantans to have been?  i'm black american, with o- blood type...???

BamaMystic

Post by BamaMystic » Fri May 11, 2007 3:44 am

I just can't bring myself to call it fiction because it is one of my favorite mystery places. I just sounds so wonderful I'm going to live in denial even if it was proven fiction lol.

tengypsies

Atlantis

Post by tengypsies » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I read Edgar Cayce's accounts about life on Atlantis.  He gave so many readings for people who had past lives there.  It is interesting that it was destroyed within 3 time frames.  Perhaps that was why there was a Great Deluge.  

Brightest Blessings,

Gypsy
Merry Meet!  Blessed Be!  Namaste!

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:43 pm

TobyzMama wrote:i didn't know the statistic for the o- blood, that's quite interesting.

here's a thought~ what cultural background do we believe the atlantans to have been?  i'm black american, with o- blood type...???
I have been trying to find the information I had written down about this.  I haven't forgotten your question.
Delphina

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:45 am

Prof. Akers wrote:Delphina, I think you are mixing up your Greeks, It was Plato in Timaeus & Critius who first mentioned Altantis as being beyond the Pillars of Hercules (Straits of Gibralter).It is thought by many scholars to be allegorical.
How can they be allegorical in any way? Island in the middle of the Atlantic (Atlantis), beyond the most narrow point in the Meditarranean, even going in-depth to describing their daily civilized existence. One thing most people don't take into consideration given any subject are other points of view. I am not talking of a personal level but rather of a objective level. There is so much MORE information about all things apiritual and paranormal yet those who choose to deny any or all of it never take it ALL into consideration. Of course they are not interested which doesn't help them to have a well-rounded knowledge of many various like-subjects but they never wonder how more information has been gathered about the "lost civilization". They never think how the Mayans knew how many layers there are in the Sun, how ancient tribes knew anything about the stars (knowing number of stars invisible to the naked eye, how many moons around planets in our solar system, and the list goes on and one), how psychics, for instance Edgar Cayce knew anything and everything in his "sleep-state" of mind, intuition! hah, of all things, intuition! Why do we know things we seemingly aren't supposed to know?

This is not directed toward you, for all i know you may believe it was a real place as well, but this is just general rant for the purpose of insight into "debating" or conversating with others who flat-out deny everything beyond their own eyes and hardened thoughts and emotions.

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:49 am

A good thing for anyone to research if one has the time is whether the Atlantic was called the Atlantic at the time, and how far back before Plato wrote about it was it first used or named. Point being; i doubt the Atlantic Ocean was named after, in honor of a "mythical" island from a "fairy-tale" story.

Kalopsychos

Atlantis and Plato.

Post by Kalopsychos » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:25 am

When Plato was writing about Atlantis he said it dissapeared in a night ant a day. He described it as being west of the Pillars of Hercules ie Gibraltar and Morocco. He said that after the catastrophe ( volcanic?) no ship could sail out of the straits ( of Gibraltar) because the sea was covered by a huge mud bank.  Scholars always pooh poohed this part of the story:

BUT>
After the eruption of Krakatoa, for many weeks sailing ships and small boats could not make headway in the seas round Java and Bali etc. because of a deep mat of floating Pumice dust ( mudbank) only steam ships coul make head way. -documented by many observers and ships logs-

That plato could mention a similar penomenon gives verisimilitude to the Atlantis story.  Of Course that alone is not PROOF.

Kalopsychos

Atlantis

Post by Kalopsychos » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:53 am

Many today think that the story of Atlantis is linked to the Destructive eruption of a volcano between Crete and Thera( Santorini). in the south Aegean sea: There is evidence that such a massive eruption took place, possibly larger than Krakatoa in the 1800s.  --The eruption is often cited as a cause of the sudden collapse of the Minoan culture ( Atlantis?) followed by a dark age in that part of the world. Such an enormouse eruption could have caused a massive sunami. The Nile delta and north libyan coast and even the Red sea valley and the Negev could have been inundated. In otherwords a Great Flood.

Plato placed these events at least 6 to 8 thousand years before his time. ie 8500 to 10500 BCE. Well within the timescale of events depicted in Genesis and Other Flood stories.

Atlantis per se is probably mythical BUT something amazing did happen.

Mystic Riffs

Re: Blood Typing

Post by Mystic Riffs » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:52 am

Delphina wrote:Blood Type:
 Many believe that the ancestry of the Atlantians can be traced through O-negative blood.  
Did you know that only 7 to 9% of the worlds population has o-negative blood.  Most of the ancestry O- can be traced back to 3 main areas.
What is your opinion?   :smt006
We are finding more and more genetic markers to trace our varying lineages back through time.

An interesting fact is that certain animals have identical type O- blood as humans, such as dogs, cats, pigs, cows, sheep and horses. Are these genetic markers for the original animals of Atlantis?

Mystic Riffs

Black or white?

Post by Mystic Riffs » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:01 am

TobyzMama wrote:i didn't know the statistic for the o- blood, that's quite interesting.

It really depends on where we fix the location of this place. If it was Atlantic, they could very well have been caucasoid (sorry, mate!). But, had they been nearer to Crete, the Eastern or even African descents come into play.

It's all moot, though, seeing as, regardless of where a racial stock originates, it produces more melonin in hotter areas, and less in cool, give or take an eon  :smt003 !!

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”