True or Falce???

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

WLUSensfan

Post by WLUSensfan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 pm

No, unless you are playing 'Magic: The Gathering' or some other variation of said card game.

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Dotzev i agree with the professor, but i believe its definitely a power thing with you, if it is only down to self defence why don't you go to your local community hall for self defence classes..... mmmm did'nt think so

taabi

True or Falce???

Post by taabi » Tue May 20, 2008 10:53 pm

No I don't believe such "spells" truly exist or ever did.  That is not to say they weren't something that could be done with enough knowledge of real science.  With todays technology we could make it appear that we threw a fireball or lightning bolt from our fingertips.  take a look at the TV show stargate and you will see what i mean.  The idea that a much superior technology would appear as magic to a primitive culture is most likely where all these ideas came from. :smt006

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue May 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Look up War of Warcraft material for such things.

Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

forcemaster245

Post by forcemaster245 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am

I think there are some possible ways to conjure up fireballs or lightning bolts, but I can assure you that there isn't any magick spell that can do that. To produce fireballs, you need to learn pyrokinesis, while you need electrokinesis to produce lightning bolts. These two types of ***kinesis skills are variations of psychokinesis, and you need to be very proficient in energy manipulation if you ever want to learn these skills. Bottomline is, you need a lot of practice to do all these stuff.

hiraya

Post by hiraya » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 pm

aura blasts are possible, but it takes a lot of time, patience, concentration and mastery to even produce a single blast. it'll takes years before you get to the level where you can use it in real-time combat. by the time you get there, you'll be wise enough not to get involved in anything that'll force you to use it.  :smt002  no spells, though.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 am

Spells

Spells are energy based weapons. Energy is smaller than matter. The spells you are referring to, are spells of manifestation. Different energies can be placed into different classifications, like fire or water. Spells are the focusing, summoning and banishing of these energies.

The difference between the above and the actual physical event of fire and lightning, is that lightning is a result of reactions between atoms and other matter.

Energy is the real magic, and being able to understand it, and its use is the true magic.

Dragon Knight

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”