do you have a favorite myth/legend?

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:19 am

I used to really be into mythology and was always fond of Pandora's Box.

MacLir

Post by MacLir » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:09 am

I've just seen the new Alice In Wonderland movie. Something interested me in the end of that movie; that is when Alice was confronted to 2 options. She can stay in Wonderland, or she can return to the Green World[Green World is a Faerie term for 3 dimensional reality--our reality].
    She chose the latter. But what she has got & has experienced in Wonderland, she used them in her earthly life. That's exactly what Pathworking & Astral Projection supposed to be. The Amerindian shamans call it Medicine Making. Medicine means power or knowledge. The purpose of going to Faerieland/Wonderland/Spiritual Dimension is to find power or knowledge to solve our problems, not to get stuck in it. 'Cause if it happens, you will lose your mind(soul), or in another word: crazy.

marcopolo123

Post by marcopolo123 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 am

I really want to get to the end of a rainbow!

AgentOfChaos

Post by AgentOfChaos » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:12 am

~When the Earth was percieved as being flat! It gets me every time.
~Also (and this one is still commonly believed, though it is not true)  that daddy long-legs spiders have the most potent venom of any spider, but that their chelicerae (fangs) are either too small or too weak to puncture human skin; the same legend is also repeated of the harvestman and crane fly, also called "daddy long-legs" in some locales. LOL What would be the point of such powerful venom that couldnt even be used as a self defence mechanism. I love it!

anisha_astrologer

Post by anisha_astrologer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 am

my favorite myths are those from greek legends. like of hercules.
what Stars Tell, i follow.

smacleod16

hm... um.. Do I have to pick?

Post by smacleod16 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I think my favorites are the tales of King Arthur. I love ancient Britain and Scotland! I'd also have to say that you give me a tale involving dragons and unicorns and I'm hooked!! :)
Sarah <3

H_Thaelord_G_LaCroixe

I have a favorite myth...I have been developing

Post by H_Thaelord_G_LaCroixe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I have a favorite myth, based on an inner calling, I have had lately....I call it a myth because its based on truth, legend fantasy, and our recent and not so distant path - The myth, however, ought bee heeded by our planets entire population, its theme is we Must Leave Earth and Go OUT INTO SPACE, not like just to explore the moon, however to actually leave and live and study another M-Class body, for earth was only a temporary home....

I really believe the beings or beingness of my myth/ our myth may actually be real, for in the myth, they have CALLED US, OUT, OUT INTO SPACE....The calling like all spiritual/or phenomenal callings impart knowledge, according to the capacity of the recipient to answer the CALL, We can see it all around us, and like the most recently known habitable body light has traveled to us about the same if not equal amount of time it has taken for us to become culturally prepared to leave, Are you ready to go, and answer the CALL? &nbsp;

Then recently, after I had began writing and recording the ideas I had been presented in my minds eye about the myth, I found an animae called Heroic Age that had a similar theme.....So Check it out, we may be on to something necessary....

For in my myth the problems of earth climate though solvable and partially responsible by and for humans, it would occur anyway for we were only here to study this planetary body and care for its resources not to live here for millions of years til the sun dies or we extinct ourselves, I will share it once I get it done and cleaned up a bit
H. Thaelord Godfrey-La Croixe Your Grace

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”