Voodo and Spells

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ninababy

Voodo and Spells

Post by Ninababy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:21 pm

has anyone ever had a "Spell" on them?  done a spell? or used a Voo doo doll?  Do they work?  Or is that just hocus pocus?   I always wonder...

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:12 pm

I have performed spells, FOR myself.  I have not used them to manipulate others.
Yes, spells for me have worked.  They are like very energized, highly active prayers.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:04 am

[quote="tourbi"]I have performed spells, FOR myself.  I have not used them to manipulate others.
Yes, spells for me have worked.  They are like very energized, highly active prayers.[/quote]

Dear Tourbi,

Then why not known just by what they are! Why do they need another senstationalistic label, such as: SPELLS?

Spells always reminded me of the commoner word, "Spills!" UH OH!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Voodo and Spells

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:11 am

[quote="Ninababy"]has anyone ever had a "Spell" on them?  done a spell? or used a Voo doo doll?  Do they work?  Or is that just hocus pocus?   I always wonder...[/quote]

Spells could be a generic name for coming into contact with the Universal energy, dear Ninababy! Sometime it can be happening in a hastened manner and hence has a dramatic impact which seems to awaken something within that was already there! The awakening is not of the 'talent' or ability, but of the awareness that the ability existed!

Often when the ability is strong (and that varies from individual to individual I assure you!) the moment of attunement with the Universe is just a pleasant reacquaintaince. Like meeting a long lost soul-mate!

For example, to some being attuned to Reiki, to choose one example could be that magical moment, for others it could be some meditative craft or art or whatever.

There are many *books* out there, and we read many of those, but one or a few simply captivate us! It seems like they cast a SPELL on us as an individual! :-)

Lucky if you keep at it and find it!

Loser if you give up too soon and turn into a cynic :-)

There is hope if you keep returning here despite having turned cynical ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:50 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
tourbi wrote:I have performed spells, FOR myself.  I have not used them to manipulate others.
Yes, spells for me have worked.  They are like very energized, highly active prayers.
Dear Tourbi,

Then why not known just by what they are! Why do they need another senstationalistic label, such as: SPELLS?

Spells always reminded me of the commoner word, "Spills!" UH OH!!
Ah, back to the name conversation.  It is not a sensationalistic label for me.  It is a word used to communicate between people who are like minded.  It becomes sensational for those who choose to dramatize it that way.
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 am

[quote="tourbi"][quote="rohiniranjan"][quote="tourbi"]I have performed spells, FOR myself.  I have not used them to manipulate others.
Yes, spells for me have worked.  They are like very energized, highly active prayers.[/quote]

Dear Tourbi,

Spells always reminded me of the commoner word, "Spills!" UH OH!![/quote]Ah, back to the name conversation.  It is not a sensationalistic label for me.  It is a word used to communicate between people who are like minded.  It becomes sensational for those who choose to dramatize it that way.[/quote]

And I thought you were a friend ;-)

L&L
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:03 am

I didn't realize we weren't.
ImageChai Cheers.
Nora Roberts

karel2121

Voodoo

Post by karel2121 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:38 pm

:smt002 Voodoo?? Do you mean a religion of  the Haitians? I was in 2003 pass by president Arisstide as an official relligon Republic of Haiti?
Or do you mean dolls, like are well known from oll magick practics allover the world since old Babylon and Egypt to presents?  :smt004

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Fri May 09, 2008 9:36 am

I have always wondered if voodoo magic is somehow more powerful or stronger than other forms of magic such as wicca? I've never performed any type of voodoo magic (i sure am afraid of doing it) but i kind of assume from what i've read that voodoo spells are the most powerful ones... does anyone here actually have any experience with voodoo?
life is real when you are dreaming, life is a dream when you are realing

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Fri May 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Spells work, I've done a few, some worked - some didn't.
Seems like that bit at the start of Enter the Dragon - emotional content - is the key.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

ktserious

Post by ktserious » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 am

I believe they are real. Just like people believe in prayers. I know someone that actually casts them and I have learned in the past to try not to anger people too much.
kaytrina

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I've read that they work. I'm pretty sure we all know someone who does them in the privacy of their own home, but I've never dabbled in them myself.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:11 am

Whatever energies you put out into your surroundings and in particular what energies you send out to other people, including those used in spells of voodoo magic, will eventually be returned to you many times over greatly magnified.

From this moral viewpoint if you are intending to use such a spell for malicious or criminal purposes or to manipulate the other person into doing something which they normally would not, it is better for the both of you that you should never cast such a spell in the first place.

It could come back to haunt you, and cause you much more physical, mental, emotional and spiritual pain, than it has ever caused your victim.

Much but probably not all of the "magic" of a spell exists in and comes from the mind and mental processes of its creator, and much but not all of the harm which it does to its often innocent victim is the result of his or her own beliefs about both the existence as well as the power of magic over their life.

EoT  :smt017

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”