Bloody mary

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mariemullyuk

Bloody mary

Post by mariemullyuk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 am

I've heard that many tales about bloody mary and seen so many films about her I was wondering whether it's true or not. What's your thoughts?

So many various stories - all similar - about the legend bloody mary.

Found this website from people claiming they saw her

http://www.halloween-website.com/bloody ... tories.htm

There is various other websites too.  This urban legend has been going on for ages but has recently become popular again. Young people everywhere are trying to summon this spirit. It's especially popular with youtube users who want to film what goes on after they do the ritual for there 5 minutes of fame.

I don't really believe. I tried it a couple of times and nothing much happened. My eyes turned a different colour and my face was distorting. It could of been the fact I was in a darkened room and my eyes were playing tricks on me. Anyway after that I turned the light on. I wouldn't try it again though as I think I scared myself too much.

The english version of this legend is that :

You go into the bathroom and turn the lights off. You light a candle and place it near a mirror. You stand in front of a mirror, saying 'Bloody Mary'  and turn round in a full circle. Repeat this two more times then look at yourself. Focusing on your eyes. You should then see your facial features changing and your hair changing into a brown/reddish bob. Once you are seeing Mary [queen of scots] she will smile at you then claw your face off.

Has anyone had a scary experience after trying this? What variation is going round your county?

Other names she is known as is Mary Wentworth, Black Agnes, Mary Worth, Mary Worthington, Hell Mary.
Attachments
47071_230605.jpg
47071_230605.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 12216 times

mickymac

bloody mary

Post by mickymac » Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 am

just reading it put a cild shiver up my back
im not sure if i believe it but i also think that some things are best left dead
TRUST ME
blessedbe

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 am

The brother of a friend of mine told us that several years ago he and his friends went to an abandoned house (known as a haunted house in my town) to invoke bloody mary's spirit. according to his story, after having chanted bloody mary 100 times the spirit appeared and hurt one of his friends. he said they were so scared that they leaved the house running and screaming.

velvetraven

silly

Post by velvetraven » Wed May 21, 2008 5:38 am

sounds like just another silly urband legend

blazewolf9

Post by blazewolf9 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 am

well thats nice but i heard that u only had to say her name in the mirror then she will attack and kill u just like the candy man
know your future here

digitalmystical

Post by digitalmystical » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:17 pm

I've heard this story before - that you stand in front of a mirror and say her name three times and she will attack you.  I've never been brave enough to try it, even if I think of the story while looking at a mirror I get creeped out.  I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary to test it.

psychiclaura

Post by psychiclaura » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 am

Scarey. I'm not going to test this theory to see if its true  :smt003  If it is true, why does she do that?
Love & Light

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Hahaha...

Up until now I thought it was just vodka and tomato juice. :P

I do remember seeing the candyman movie when I was a kid, though. And the first thing I did after watching it was go to the bathroom, face the mirror and say "candyman" five times.

Guess what - nothing.

I do believe in the Law of Attraction, though - the way I see it, sentient beings are effectively praying 100% of the time - and as such if ones thoughts are primarily destructive, one is essentially asking the Cosmos to destroy oneself. Given the nature of this 'urban legend', I would assume most people who actually do the ritual do it to 'prove it wrong' - in which case nothing will probably happen - but if they are actually so self-destructive that they are ACTIVELY trying to destroy themselves (by using the ritual, for example) - then it wouldn't really surprise me in the slightest if they (literally or not) got struck down by a bolt of lightning.

Corvuequis

Post by Corvuequis » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:47 pm

why is it only a friend of a friend who has seen these things.

Ladywiz00

Post by Ladywiz00 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:48 am

If you chant her name so and so times infront of a mirror she will attack you...er..curiously, Why would anyone want to try this? :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Einstein

Disneyfreak

Post by Disneyfreak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:18 pm

I dont know im scared to try, im really interested in stuff like this though.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 am

Well if you do try come and let us know what happens?

I personally don't give these myths much creedance but then that may be because I am older and a bit more practical in my thinking lol.

I look forwards to you telling us what happened.

Suzi XXX
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:25 pm

I believe in the Mary Tudor version, not the coma-type-girl. I think she is overestimated. She had a father dealing with, which never liked her (and showed it). She was born a princess, but became a basterdchild. So I think it's quite normal that she wanted to un-do the dings he did.
KISS IT!

Francois

Post by Francois » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am

Hi

If she kills you, who lives then to tell the story afterwards?   :smt102

I personally can't believe why people try to envoke spirits that might harm them?  Why bother with any spirit for that matter?  I know they exist, but I don't bother them at all.  Let the dead, the good and the evil be just that - dead, good or evil.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

I have heard this story for years and yes when I was in grade school, I tried it.   Nothing happended at all.  I think there are people out there that can open their minds and see things, but I don't know why anyone would want to open their minds to evil.  I believe if people truly have that gift to see, it should be used for good.  I have watched the movie boogyman (I think that is what it is called) which had something to do with a mirror and saying his name 3x and also the movie candyman.  I think they are just trying to scare you.  I have never known anyone personally who said this happend to them.  I think if tons of people did it and died we would and noticed this in the news and such.  Just my thoughts about it.

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”