Bloody mary

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:36 pm

That picture in the original post is definitely Mary Tudor, most commonly known to the masses as "Bloody Mary" (mainly due to her intense persecution of Protestants, as she was the first Catholic monarch England had in many years).

I've never heard of Mary, Queen of Scots being known as "Bloody Mary". After all, she is mainly known for having her head hacked off by her own first cousin, Mary Tudor's younger sister, Queen Elizabeth I of England, on the suspicion of espionage and a plot to bring down Elizabeth. There were tensions between them, because Mary Stuart (the Scottish Queen Mary) was Catholic, just like her cousin Mary Tudor, Queen of England -- Elizabeth's older sister.

Mary Tudor, unlike Mary Stuart, was known for her blood lust in seeing Protestantism fall. She martyred many prominent protestants, one being my own 13th great grandfather, Dr. Roland Taylor (interestingly enough, her father Henry VIII martyred Taylor's wife's uncle, William Tyndale for being a protestant too).

Mary Tudor also went through much stress in her life. Her father annulled his marriage to her Spanish mother,  Catherine of Aragon, and broke away from the Catholic Church, making Mary, in effect, an illegitimate child, according to the laws of the time. On top of that, Mary was pretty much exiled. She wasn't allowed at Court and when Anne Boleyn got the axe, her sister Elizabeth was exiled as well.

One would think that two sisters in the same predicament would be sympathetic toward one another, but when their younger brother, King Edward VII died, there was a battle for the right to the throne. After taking down Jane Grey together, Mary had Elizabeth essentially locked up.

During her time of rule, she prosecuted the Protestants, as I said before. Also, during that time, she had several "pregnancies" that turned out either still born or not even pregnancies at all. She desperately wanted to produce a child, a Catholic heir to the throne. But she never did and when she died, her Protestant sister took control.

So, what I'm getting at is Mary Tudor is the one with the motive to be the "Bloody Mary" of paranormal lore. It would make sense someone as complex and with such a complex and often bloody life as her would be one who wouldn't rest in peace (so to speak).

When I was a child, I was told Bloody Mary Tudor was my cousin (I'm a direct descendant of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland). So, I tried to test out the whole "Bloody Mary" thing a lot and it never really worked like people say it does. However, whenever I would, I would always get this strange feeling like someone was watching me. It was a bad, suffocating feeling. Was this Mary Tudor reaching over from the other side? Could have been.

However, I wouldn't try again to summon her knowing what I know now. I think the poor lady deserves to rest in peace! Yeah, she did a lot of bad stuff in her life. But, if summoning her DOES work, I hope people would think twice about it and let her rest.

alexisbea

Post by alexisbea » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 am

I thought you had to say her name in the mirror three times and she would appear in the mirror after that and be dripping with blood. I hadn't heard of her attacking  anyone. But I have never heard any first hand accounts of the activity.
and in the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:53 am

If you look into a mirror, especially with a very dim light behind you, and look into your face without "seeing" your face, but just kind of like starring into it, your face WILL change. What you are seeing could either be who you were in a past life, your spirit guide/s, or an aspect of your personality. This is called mirror gazing or scrying. I have done this numerous times, and my face never changes into someone else's face, but it does turn into a skull. Once I get to that point, I start to loose the image because I focus too much. Maybe the people who said you see a red bob actually did have a red bob in a past life. I don't think this has anything to do with "bloody mary" though, and all of those extra things that you are supposed to say and do are just created for effect to scare people. But mirror gazing is real and your face does change.

edit: The way you are supposed to look at your face is the same way you look at someones aura. You do the same relaxed thing with your eyes.

This also does not only have to be in a mirror with your own face. You can look into other people's faces like this too. Sometimes when I get a bit too relaxed I see other people's faces changing as I am talking with them. One time I saw an elf-like face. That was kind of scary.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 am

scary.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

soccerchick15

Post by soccerchick15 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 am

I don't know if it's a myth or not......I'm too chicken to actually try to do the bathroom deal! lol

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”