Personal Gain

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kangee24

Personal Gain

Post by kangee24 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:01 am

:smt006  I'm wondering what the actual "Personal Gain" restrictions are. I'm being told that it can't be used for certain things but the person that's telling me this turns around and does the same thing that they said they can't do becuz it's personal gain according to the Wiccan philosophy.

ForEverLoving

When personal gain is not ok.

Post by ForEverLoving » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Personal gain is not appropriate when you seek only for your own good and not the good of all.  When you seek personal gain selfishly or for only you it is not for the good of all.

When you seek personal gain, so that you may live and help others and live to serve the God/Goddess within and to help All as One this is when personal gain is good.

Ask yourself, am I asking for this for only me, or am I asking for this for me in order that I may help others also.
Divine Blessings and Love for EverMore and a Day

Kyla

Post by Kyla » Sat May 03, 2008 11:59 am

When I think of the concept "personal gain", it seems to emit a sense of negativity, a wrongness almost. In the way the term is used in most modern literature and different person/s interpretations, I can see how you have easily become confused.
Personally I believe in Karma's concepts rather than 'personal gain'. By this I mean, the work you perform within the strand of time your life travels upon, within the weave of the verse, will reward or punish you as you have done yourself.
If you feel that your act improves or gives you some form of gain, ask the following: is this to reward your own greed? Look at the intent behind what you seek to do. If someone else was to do as you are about to, would you approve?

Hope this helps a little!
xxKylaxx
Let Kali light your way...

velvetraven

no bad karma

Post by velvetraven » Wed May 21, 2008 5:42 am

i have used magick for personal gain without anything bad happening from my use of it

Your_Enlightenment

Post by Your_Enlightenment » Tue May 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Personal gain is okay if it won't make you too happy at the expense of others and if you will share what you've gained with them.
I was visited by a circle of stars.
pls see mediakit for signature links

Corvuequis

Post by Corvuequis » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:42 pm

puleeez all magic is done for personal gain--its just that sometimes it has a benefit for the greater good. The only reason that spells to win the lottery don't  work is because every time someone does a spell to get the winning numbers the numbers change.

SavageTrojan

Post by SavageTrojan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 pm

So are you saying that if you use a spell to get the numbers immediately before they are drawn that you have a better chance of hitting them?

marcopolo123

Personal gain can be good

Post by marcopolo123 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 am

If to better yourself is a personal gain then in the end its better for everyone arround.....

drprpapi23

Post by drprpapi23 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:39 am

I heard that using magick for personal gain has it's after effects depending on what you got using it. That's why i heard it's best to use it for necessities you need at the time.

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”