Furies

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32

Furies

Post by LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:04 pm

In Greek mythology the Erinyes ("the angry ones") or Eumenides ("the gracious ones") or Furies in Roman mythology were female, chthonic deities of vengeance or supernatural personifications of the anger of the dead. They represent regeneration and the potency of creation, which both consumes and empowers. A formulaic oath in the Iliad invokes them as "those who beneath the earth punish whoever has sworn a false oath." Burkert suggests they are "an embodiment of the act of self-cursing contained in fat cats".[
When the Titan Cronos castrated his father Ouranos and threw his genitalia into the sea, the Erinyes emerged from the drops of blood, while Aphrodite was born from the seafoam. According to a variant account, they issued from an even more primordial level—from Nyx, "Night". Their number is usually left indeterminate. Virgil, probably working from an Alexandrian source, recognized three: Alecto ("unceasing," who appeared in Virgil's Aeneid), Megaera ("grudging"), and Tisiphone ("avenging murder"). Dante followed Virgil in depicting the same three-charactered triptych of Erinyes. The heads of the Erinyes were wreathed with serpents (like a Gorgon) and their eyes dripped with blood, rendering their appearance rather weird and disturbing. Sometimes they had the wings of a bat or bird and the body of a dog.

sunmystic

Re: Furies

Post by sunmystic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 pm

LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32 wrote:In Greek mythology the Erinyes ("the angry ones") or Eumenides ("the gracious ones") or Furies in Roman mythology were female, chthonic deities of vengeance or supernatural personifications of the anger of the dead. They represent regeneration and the potency of creation, which both consumes and empowers. A formulaic oath in the Iliad invokes them as "those who beneath the earth punish whoever has sworn a false oath." Burkert suggests they are "an embodiment of the act of self-cursing contained in fat cats".[
When the Titan Cronos castrated his father Ouranos and threw his genitalia into the sea, the Erinyes emerged from the drops of blood, while Aphrodite was born from the seafoam. According to a variant account, they issued from an even more primordial level—from Nyx, "Night". Their number is usually left indeterminate. Virgil, probably working from an Alexandrian source, recognized three: Alecto ("unceasing," who appeared in Virgil's Aeneid), Megaera ("grudging"), and Tisiphone ("avenging murder"). Dante followed Virgil in depicting the same three-charactered triptych of Erinyes. The heads of the Erinyes were wreathed with serpents (like a Gorgon) and their eyes dripped with blood, rendering their appearance rather weird and disturbing. Sometimes they had the wings of a bat or bird and the body of a dog.
The Keltic had them also show up in their genetics as children. And they were generally considered hard to handle. No true "furie" was actually considered bad. They were just hard to handle (their power stuff and all, and their short fuse :) ). In the Hindu Divine, Goddess Kali is a "furie". She is not actually bad :) she just has  short fuse and things happen fast. Which is why when one appeals to her :) things are really tricky! Which is why most anybody with any sense would not do that. If Mother Kali gets pissed and she is on your side :) only Lord Shiva can save you :) if he is willing to intervene and you are not a Christian that is actually real. If you are a real Christian, then involking Lord Shiva will not be neccessary. No problem.

The "furies" are actually real. Yes they are abit rare, but they are still real. And most are now under medication once they are discovered :) , modern science is a gift :) .

just love,

sunny

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 pm

"The "furies" are actually real. Yes they are abit rare, but they are still real. And most are now under medication once they are discovered  , modern science is a gift ."

Pharmaceuticals are terrible. That's like saying TV is great cause it zombifies children and then you don't need to actually raise them you can just numb their minds and have much more free time. Their could actually be a purpose for some children being short tempered. They can stand up for their rights a lot better if they can express extreme feelings. Or it could merely be a pattern inherited from their parents. The kelts were very war like, it's not surprising their children inherited a pattern from this. In which case it is something the parent needs to work with, in them self before working on such behaviour in their children.

"The Anunnaki are flesh-and-blood, biological beings with abounding
pride, arrogance, uncontrollable urges for adult and child sex
partners (whether they be willing or forced participants), and they
have a great appetite for conquest and control. This warlike race has
an insatiable thirst for control of other beings and dominion over
other races, and the less privileged classes of the Anunnaki. The
Anunnaki developed and imposed complex, oppressive cast and gender
systems. They are misogynists. That was why they eliminated the
worship of the Divine Mother of the early people on Earth whom they
conquered when they arrived. There was so much resistance to the
elimination of the worship of the Divine Mother that the Anunnaki set
up replacement "mothers" for various cultures such as the `earth
mother', `mother nature' and thereafter further corrupted the Divine
Mother's image by falsely attributing Her with lustful, vengeful and
jealous qualities. The interpretation of Kali is one of those false
attributes...

...In Genesis 6:2-4 it is recorded by the Anunnaki (who wrote most of
the Old Testament) that "the sons of God" (the Anunnaki males) "saw
the daughters of men that they were fair". In developing this
doctrine, the Anunnaki were trying to show that the "sons of God"
were lured to Earth and corrupted by the indigenous women of Earth.
In fact, the women of Earth at that time were purer than the males
and they were revered by the males because earthlings' spirituality
still retained closeness to the Divine Mother. The Anunnaki had to
twist this to make it appear that women were a gender that could not
be trusted and that they must be oppressed by the males. The "sons of
God" abused and horribly mistreated the indigenous women of the Earth
to set the example of a misogynistic model for the indigenous men of
the Earth to follow. It was very critical to the plans of the
Anunnaki to switch the gender of God from Mother to Father.
"

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Aegeus wrote:"The "furies" are actually real. Yes they are abit rare, but they are still real. And most are now under medication once they are discovered  , modern science is a gift ."

Pharmaceuticals are terrible. That's like saying TV is great cause it zombifies children and then you don't need to actually raise them you can just numb their minds and have much more free time. Their could actually be a purpose for some children being short tempered. They can stand up for their rights a lot better if they can express extreme feelings. Or it could merely be a pattern inherited from their parents. The kelts were very war like, it's not surprising their children inherited a pattern from this. In which case it is something the parent needs to work with, in them self before working on such behaviour in their children.

"The Anunnaki are flesh-and-blood, biological beings with abounding
pride, arrogance, uncontrollable urges for adult and child sex
partners (whether they be willing or forced participants), and they
have a great appetite for conquest and control. This warlike race has
an insatiable thirst for control of other beings and dominion over
other races, and the less privileged classes of the Anunnaki. The
Anunnaki developed and imposed complex, oppressive cast and gender
systems. They are misogynists. That was why they eliminated the
worship of the Divine Mother of the early people on Earth whom they
conquered when they arrived. There was so much resistance to the
elimination of the worship of the Divine Mother that the Anunnaki set
up replacement "mothers" for various cultures such as the `earth
mother', `mother nature' and thereafter further corrupted the Divine
Mother's image by falsely attributing Her with lustful, vengeful and
jealous qualities. The interpretation of Kali is one of those false
attributes...

...In Genesis 6:2-4 it is recorded by the Anunnaki (who wrote most of
the Old Testament) that "the sons of God" (the Anunnaki males) "saw
the daughters of men that they were fair". In developing this
doctrine, the Anunnaki were trying to show that the "sons of God"
were lured to Earth and corrupted by the indigenous women of Earth.
In fact, the women of Earth at that time were purer than the males
and they were revered by the males because earthlings' spirituality
still retained closeness to the Divine Mother. The Anunnaki had to
twist this to make it appear that women were a gender that could not
be trusted and that they must be oppressed by the males. The "sons of
God" abused and horribly mistreated the indigenous women of the Earth
to set the example of a misogynistic model for the indigenous men of
the Earth to follow. It was very critical to the plans of the
Anunnaki to switch the gender of God from Mother to Father.
"
Aegeus that was too cool!

And for what ever it is worth :) I honestly agree with everything that you said. I was actually being facetious about the gifts of medical science.

Aegeus it makes me happy that there are people like you out there in the world. The world needs you guys. If you ever decide to hang out your shingle as a master I want to study at your feet, if you would accept me.

just love,

sunny

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 am

"it takes one to know one"

"You get what you give"

I am honoured by your statement. I am also happy their are such enquiring and open minds in the world with the humility to question and listen. Also never forget you are a teacher just as much as a student and just as much as anyone else, at least in potential. The best learning and teaching experiences I have had were reciprocal. People that I had learned so much from and benefited so much from turning around and thanking me for what they learned and received through me.

I enjoy teaching as much as I do learning. I am happy to teach anyone willing to listen. I guess with some teachings their is danger if a student only half listens and takes part of a teaching out of context. Which is why many masters are prudent in selecting students.

I quite enjoy the stimulating subjects you bring up. Thanks for the encouragement and appreciation.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:47 am

"Man will only find true happiness and inner peace when he stops
searching outside of himself through so called sensi, sifu or
masters, spiritual directors, through various groups and organisations
of one kind or another. He will only find happiness
when he realises that he is his own master and that what he is
searching for is already within."
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Aegeus wrote:"Man will only find true happiness and inner peace when he stops
searching outside of himself through so called sensi, sifu or
masters, spiritual directors, through various groups and organisations
of one kind or another. He will only find happiness
when he realises that he is his own master and that what he is
searching for is already within."
Revelation, 11:1,2

"And there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, "rise and measure the the temple of God, and the altar, and those who worship in it. And leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it."

The temple is one's body and the altar is one's heart. :) And somebody is going to measure what is going on in there :) I love it!

love,

sunny

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”