What does it really mean wen u see a black or white cat at night?

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Melissa165

Post by Melissa165 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I have heard it means good luck or 7 yrs of bad luck ...

I remember 2 yrs ago in da summer ... i was near a cemetery with my exboyfriend (not inside a cemetery but very very near it)... we were sitting down in sum thingys .. den outta no where a black cat appear ... it got near me ... i got so scared it was staring at me .. my exboyfriend told me just to not look at da cat ... but i couldnt =/ ... wen i got home i couldn't stop thinking of da cat ... i felt like it meant something ... the following day it was raining ... da phone rang and i found out someone close past away ... do u think da cat was giving me a sign or something?

den about a week or 2 past and its night time and im with my exboyfriend but we were not near a cemetery this time ... and same thing happened but this time it was a white cat ....

what you guys think?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 am

I saw a white cat tonight, and the same one earlier today.

Is it  same if it has a collar on, or does that make it a domestic cat and the mystical ones have no collar and appear and disppear mythically?

Experience is a good thing to go by. I am in a good place now and just saw a white cat. This could be fitting with the suprstition.

Although the the baby here was scarred of the cat. But who wouldn't be scared of a cat thats head was up to their chest.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Elgina

Cat are lovely creatures

Post by Elgina » Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Cats are lovely creatures. Don't associate them with any myth. Pet them andtame them and they will be yours. A better company than humans

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:34 pm

This is just superstition. Cats are great. Is the same thing if you would saw a dog ;)

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”