Is Ying and Yang a myth or a fact?

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 pm

What do you guys think?

below is a picture from ancient Egypt :) it seems to indicate that there are two somethings involved with things. and that there is some sort of eye involved also :)

Science seems to think that this is all "hogwash" :)

What do you guys think?

love,

sunny
Attachments
gallery_5_6_4248.jpg
gallery_5_6_4248.jpg (33.11 KiB) Viewed 5370 times

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 am

Yin the feminine aspect and yang the male aspect are the basic polarities. Yin is not female and yang male, but each has a balance of the two. Opposite balances of male and female are attracted to each other just as opposite polarized magnetics. Science can not deny something so basic and fundamental. Even dna chromosome look like I-ching hexagrams. Broken lines and connected lines.

The I-ching says from the one come the two(yin and yang) and from the two come the myriad of creatures.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Aegeus wrote:Yin the feminine aspect and yang the male aspect are the basic polarities. Yin is not female and yang male, but each has a balance of the two. Opposite balances of male and female are attracted to each other just as opposite polarized magnetics. Science can not deny something so basic and fundamental. Even dna chromosome look like I-ching hexagrams. Broken lines and connected lines.

The I-ching says from the one come the two(yin and yang) and from the two come the myriad of creatures.
Cool!

So Aegeus what is the relationship between yin and yang and Chi flow?

Love,

sunny

kybunker

Lovely Topic!

Post by kybunker » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Yin And Yang simply is the balance between two forces of exisitance, without one the other is non-exsistant.
with out male there cannot be a female, males then would not have a gender they would just be.
There is no bottow without a top

If one is not balanced their chi is unbalanced. Acceptance is the key
New Thought At InnerFlow Connections!

sunmystic

Re: Lovely Topic!

Post by sunmystic » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 pm

kybunker wrote:Yin And Yang simply is the balance between two forces of exisitance, without one the other is non-exsistant.
with out male there cannot be a female, males then would not have a gender they would just be.
There is no bottow without a top

If one is not balanced their chi is unbalanced. Acceptance is the key
I was just wondering because normally when balanced is achieved there is no more flow. I guess yin and yang and chi flow work differently. I guess I am going to have to study up on that.

Thanks ky!

love,

sunny

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:10 pm

This is the best that I could find guys:

The Definition of Chi:
"Theories of traditional Chinese medicine assert that the body has natural patterns of qi associated with it that circulate in channels called meridians in English. Symptoms of various illnesses are often seen as the product of disrupted or unbalanced qi movement through such channels (including blockages), deficiencies or imbalances of qi, in the various Zang Fu organs. Traditional Chinese Medicine seeks to relieve these imbalances by adjusting the flow of qi in the body using a variety of therapeutic techniques.'" - Wikipedia.

History:
Chi has been written about and studied for over ten thousand years, from China and Japan to India, the Hawaiian Islands and South America. Chi is the energy of life itself, recognized as the balance of Yin and Yang (male and female, positive and negative, electromagnetic energy), which flows through everything in creation. Chi is at the foundation of many health and fitness practices such as Massage, Yoga, Martial Arts, Reiki, Feng Shui and Acupressure.

Qualities:
The energy of Chi emits vibrant, bright colors (the aura), a vibrational frequency, and a sound. When Chi becomes disturbed, stagnant, imbalanced or depleted, dis-ease and illness begin to take form - the aura becomes darker and discolored, personal frequency vibrates incorrectly, and the meridians (energy pathways - Chinese origin), and chakras (energy centers - Indian origin), within the body, become blocked.

love,

sunny

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok guys I did some research :)

Chi (qi) is the life force of the cosmos or the cosmic life force. The cosmos is the result of two opposites (yin and yang) in dynamic interplay. When these two opposites are in harmony :) they create and give off Chi (qi).

When these two opposites (yin and yang) are in harmony within a living thing, then the cosmic life force (chi or qi) that is the result of/generated by the two sides/opposites (yin and yang) of the cosmos being in harmony becomes also the life force of that living thing :) and that living thing is healthy!

So the only way that one can prove that the yin and yang are real is to disrupt the harmony of these two opposites of a living thing and see what starts to decay. And that is the princibles that the marshal arts that are based on Daoism (tai chi), are based on :) .

Acupuncture restores balance and tai chi as a marshal arts system screws with the balance. Kind of the opposite of acupuncture :)

Guys playing with chi (qi) is fun!

love,

sunny

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”