Myth? Is Physical Reality an Illusion?

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

Myth? Is Physical Reality an Illusion?

Post by sunmystic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Is physical reality an illusion or is this concept :) a myth that is not real?

There seems to be alot of folks out there that are claiming that "life (physical reality)" is an illusion. And they sing the song, "Row, row your boat, life is but a dream :) ."

"You say what?"

I don't think so :) life is too darn real!

And even if one can move a mountain, that does not make the mountain not real. If you pick up a mountain and move it to some place else, there are going to be some folks very upset about it :) and it will also screw up weather for somebody :)

Manipulating creation because you can does not mean that creation is an illusion. It just means that you have a bigger lever and others are screwed. It does not mean that, "Life is an illusion :) ."

what do you guys think? :)

love,

sunmystic

Autumn Rose

Post by Autumn Rose » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:06 am

There is no such thing as reality, only what your perception of it is. I perceive life, therefore it is my reality. I think it is impossible to know anything for a fact until we die, but for now, this is reality.
I have heard what you are saying before, but I do not think it is meant to be that literal. For us to even be able to come close to having a semi-understanding of what life really is, "illusion" is used to describe it. For example, when I am describing what an aura is to someone who has no knowledge of it, when I use the word "electricity" they get a better understanding. Because their knowledge is so little, I have to relate it to something that they know.
With the amount of knowledge that human beings have about the universe, we just have to accept the fact that we wont fully understand certain things. When it comes to what life is, humans are like people who don't know what an aura is, and instead of using the word "electricity", some people use the word "illusion" to describe life.

I am not saying that I think life is NOT real, it IS. But so is a dream, a vision, a thought, etc..
The only difference is that with life, it is physical (or so we perceive.. ). The physical plane is one of many, it is minute. The higher planes have higher knowledge and understanding of the universe. Life as we know it is not what the universe is about, it is what the physical plane is about. I am unsure of what the universe really is, but that can not be proven. I do have my own personal beliefs though.

Return to “Myths - Fact or Fiction”