The Great Spirit

Discuss age old myths here. Are they facts or are they fiction?

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunmystic

The Great Spirit

Post by sunmystic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Guys this should probably be in the "Spiritual Forum" :) but is could also be considered a "myth", depending on how one looks at things :) .

The American Indians (America's aboriginals :) ) all seem to agreed that there was something out there in the spirit world that they called, "The Great Spirit."

So guys how do you feel about this? Is "The Great Spirit" possibly a real reality or do you think that it is probably a "myth?"

Sunmystic looks at SpiritTalk and smiles ( :) ).

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Funny I don't usually come in this board, but something drew me in today, Sun.  

The Bible states that God is Spirit!  It did not say 'a' spirit, merely spirit.  The aboriginal peoples believed in ancient times of a God or Spirit that resided in all things from weather patterns to nature's bounty.  

Spiritualists know that God exists as spirit.  Consider...if we are all created in God's image, which one would that be?  Man/Woman, Skin, Hair, Eye, colors? etc. etc. But if we are all spirit, we are certainly an image of God.
God bless, J

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 am

spiritalk wrote:Funny I don't usually come in this board, but something drew me in today, Sun.  

The Bible states that God is Spirit!  It did not say 'a' spirit, merely spirit.  The aboriginal peoples believed in ancient times of a God or Spirit that resided in all things from weather patterns to nature's bounty.  

Spiritualists know that God exists as spirit.  Consider...if we are all created in God's image, which one would that be?  Man/Woman, Skin, Hair, Eye, colors? etc. etc. But if we are all spirit, we are certainly an image of God.
The Bible (Christian, New Testament) states that Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, our "personal representative" in Heaven, sent us the Holy Spirit to be our guide and teacher. Nobody said that God is only spirit :) nobody!

Everybody, Spirit Talk, knows that God exists in Spirit. Everybody. But Spiritualist Folk :), at least your version, because you are the only Spiritualist here, do not believe that God ever walked in physical form with humankind. And we also know that there are Christian Spiritualist Churches. And based on what you seem to be posting, that you personally are not a Christian Spititualist. Which is actually ok? I do not mind.

Because you are not actually a Christian, we (you and I) are just studing a difference of opinion on Mystic Board. That is actually allowed on Mystic Board. At least so far.

sunmystic

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:58 pm

:) Sunmystic, when you say 'everybody knows God exists in spirit', aren't you being a bit too general? What about those who don't believe in God at all? Or who don't care what form it takes?

By the way, didn't you use to visit this board under a different nick? I remember you and your polemic discussions. Hope you are still having fun  :smt004
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 am

pirbid wrote::) Sunmystic, when you say 'everybody knows God exists in spirit', aren't you being a bit too general? What about those who don't believe in God at all? Or who don't care what form it takes?

By the way, didn't you use to visit this board under a different nick? I remember you and your polemic discussions. Hope you are still having fun  :smt004
Ah yes Sweetheart :) you are now being mean again :) Too cool!

Sweetheart, why do you not like God? Everything that you have in this life came from him. Was his gifts so not good?

There are folks that come to Mystic Board that wish to establish a relationship with the Divine. Why are you against this possible relationship?

There are folks that come to Mystic Board that are seeking information about about the advanced knowledges :) , why are you against that?

"True Mediums" are a gift. But at the sametime, they are only apart of the big picture. You seem to want everybody to stop at being a medium and not explore the rest of what we can all explore? Dialog :) ?

love,

sunmystic

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 am

Crazy..
My god this, your god that, this great spirit, that great spirit. The dream time serpent, the story of creation.
its all the same with different stories.

Hmm wouldn't it be funny if only one of the words bellow was love, there'd be sure something to argue over deciding which one it was.
( ok not exactly the same think but you know what I mean.. its all about what stories we grew up with, what rituals we follow, what we know is right )

Arabic: حُب
Chinese: 喜爱
Czech: láska
Danish: kærlighed
Dutch: liefde
Estonian: armastus
Finnish: rakkaus
French: amour
German: die Liebe
Greek: αγάπη
Hungarian: szeretet
Icelandic: ást