What's with Tom Cruise and Scientology?

Ummmm Star Wars, X-Files, Star Trek... Parallel Worlds, Planets And Aliens...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rozrokz

What's with Tom Cruise and Scientology?

Post by rozrokz » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:04 am

Pardon me if I offend anybody but are the people who believe in scientology for real. But than Bush got re-elected so anything is possible. :smt005 . Most of their supporters appear to be wealthy superstars who have no where else to park their money. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction isn't it.

BamaMystic

Post by BamaMystic » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:46 pm

To each his own I say lol but I do see where you are coming from in regards to the stars being the members who seem to be most known. Dainetics might be some interesting reading but just not for me. Only thing I had against Tom Cruise was his attitude a couple of years ago in regards to Brooke Shields using medication for depression. Way I saw it if he wants everyone to respect his beliefs then he shouldn't go around telling others how to live.

I'm a big Julian McMahon fan so I watch Nip/Tuck where Scientology was in the spotlight a little due to his ex and his son being members.

zastrox

Post by zastrox » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:58 am

A short list of Scientology celebs:

Anne Archer

Beck Hansen

Billy Sheehan

Carina Ricco

Carl W. Röhrig

Catherine Bell

Chick Corea

Chris Masterson

Corin Nemec

Danny Masterson

Edgar Winter

Eduardo Palomo

Erika Christensen

Geoffrey Lewis

Giovanni Ribisi

Greta Van Susteren

Haywood Nelson

Isaac Hayes

Jason Beghe

Jason Lee

Jeff Pomerantz

Jenna Elfman

Jennifer Aspen

John Travolta

Judy Norton

Juliette Lewis

Karen Nelson Bell

Kate Ceberano

Keith Code

Kelly Preston

Kimberly Kates

Kirstie Alley

Leah Remini

Lisa Marie Presley

Lynsey Bartilson

Marisol Nichols

Michael Fairman

Michael Roberts

Michelle Stafford

Nancy Cartwright

Pablo Santos

Priscilla Presley

Rev. Alfreddie Johnson, Jr.

Sharon Case

Sofia Milos

Terry Jastrow

Tom Cruise

Xavier Deluc

Very very scary list! Tom has always been their golden boy though, they have even given him a mansion and loads of other things. When he is on Scientology grounds nothing is spared to cater to his every whim. The church of Scientology has always had a policy of recruiting holywoods cream o' the crop to help promote their evil hogwash. They give them free gifts and pamper them like royalty. they even have there own special retreat solely for celebs.

I would rather people became heroin addicts than become Scientologists. It is less damaging to your health and is much less addictive. Please never ever go down this path. Not even out of curiosities sake. If you really want to read their crap ( I have documentation that if you were a Scientologist would take you up to OT level 6, nearly £500,000 worth of reading material!!!)I will dig some out and upload it for you. If you have read their stuff before ever being audited (read brainwashed) you will see it for the scary crap it is. Just never go near them. They are the cult of living death! If this post steers just one person away I will be glad. If you are thinking about going there please don't.

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:51 am

zastrox wrote:   I would rather people became heroin addicts than
become Scientologists. It is less damaging to your health and is much less
addictive. Please never ever go down this path. Not even out of
curiosities sake. If you really want to read their crap ( I have
documentation that if you were a Scientologist ................

I as well like to have a *live and let live and an *each to their own* attitude.  
I don't know anything about Scientology, so forgive me if I think
this is rather harsh.  :smt102
Although I don't care to hear more about the money/celebrity thing ....
I wouldn't mind more information on why you think this group is so bad.  
:smt017 Do you know what their belief system is all about?  (in a nut shell, please)  :smt003

P E A C E
Evie  :smt109

zastrox

Post by zastrox » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:09 am

This link from the operation clambake website should answer most of your questions.

http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

I apologize if I seem a little blunt but there is no good in the CoS. They mercilessly attack their critics and I am sure I will be labeled SP at some point for what I have said here. I feel that every every belief system has its place in our society and I have much respect for them all from Islam to Voodoo, from Shinto to Wicca. I have no right to judge anyone. nobody does. I have on my short travail on this planet looked into every religion I could to find the answers to my questions (I was even a Mormon for a year!). All i found in Scientology was poison and deception.

You are actually charged to progress in their "church". Religion in my opinion should be relatively free and if you wish to donate you can. The current (conservative) total cost for the whole bridge to OT9 readiness (i.e. to study their beliefs from start to finish) is estimated at $365,000 - $380,000. You have to pay lots of money to get anywhere in Scientology!

Quotes from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

I have put each quote within quotation marks to make it easier to read.

"Xenu (sometimes Xemu) is introduced as an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living. Scientologists believe the alien souls continue to do this today, causing a variety of physical ill-effects in modern-day humans. Hubbard called these clustered spirits "Body Thetans", and the advanced levels place considerable emphasis on isolating them and neutralizing their ill effects."

"Reports and allegations have been made, by journalists, courts, and governmental bodies of several countries, that the Church of Scientology is an unscrupulous commercial enterprise that harasses its critics and brutally exploits its members"

"Germany classes Scientology as a business, rather than a religious organization, and Belgium, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Spain and the United Kingdom remain unconvinced that Scientology is a religion"

"The controversies involving the Church and its critics, some of them ongoing, include:

* Scientology's disconnection policy, in which members are encouraged to cut off all contact with friends or family members critical of the Church.[84]
* The death of Scientologist Lisa McPherson while in the care of the Church.
* Criminal activities committed on behalf of the Church or directed by Church officials (Operation Snow White, Operation Freakout)
* Alleged Fair Game policy that encouraged the abuse of critics.
* Conflicting claims about L. Ron Hubbard's life, in particular accounts of Hubbard discussing his intent to start a religion for profit, and of his service in the military.
* Scientology's harassment and litigious actions against its critics and enemies.
* Attempts to legally force search engines such as Google and Yahoo to omit any webpages that are critical of Scientology from their search engines (and in Google's case, AdSense), or at least the first few search pages"

"Scientology pays members commissions on new recruits they bring in, encouraging Scientology members to "sell" Scientology to others."

"Although "Scientology" is most often used as shorthand for the Church of Scientology, a number of groups practice Scientology and Dianetics outside of the official Church. Such groups are invariably breakaways from the original Church. The Church takes an extremely hard line on breakaway groups, labeling them "apostates" (or "squirrels" in Scientology jargon) and often subjecting them to considerable legal and social pressure. Breakaway groups avoid the name "Scientology" so as to keep from being sued, instead referring to themselves collectively as the Free Zone or Ron's Org."

"The Church of Scientology is one of a number of groups involved in the anti-psychiatry movement, and one of the few organizations that publicly oppose the study and application of psychology in addition to psychiatry.

The Church says that psychiatry was responsible for World War I, the rise of Hitler and Stalin, the decline in education standards in the United States, the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo, and the September 11 attacks. The Church's point of view on these issues is documented mainly by Church groups and magazines such as those published by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and Freedom Magazine."

"Hubbard stated that the delivery room should be as silent as possible during birth. This stems from his belief that birth is a trauma that may induce engrams into the baby. Hubbard asserted that words in particular should be avoided because any words used during birth might be reassociated by an adult later on in life with their earlier traumatic birth experience. Hubbard also wrote that the mother should use "as little anesthetic as possible"

The complete wikipedia article is about the most balanced view of Scientology I have found to date. Please by all means do your own research. I encourage it. A Scientologist wouldn't.

P E A C E back 'atcha ma'am and I hope I have not offended. I just hate to see people exploited in any form.

Zastrox

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:32 am

Ma'am????  I guess I have that coming!  LOL

I went to that site and I had another big laugh ... The article that you
recommended is  titled "IN A NUT SHELL"  Co-incidence? I will read it... K
and I then come back and make a comment, or two, or more.  :smt002

Nothing really surprises me any more and I have heard of other groups
who are "galactic" in their beliefs.

Thanks by the way... you have (rather intelligently I might add) answered
alot of my wonderings on this subject.

P E A C E
Evie    :smt109

zastrox

Post by zastrox » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 am

I am glad to have been of service. Please take your time and by all means read as much as you can on the subject. I find that it always helps to get a balanced view when it comes to things of this nature. I look forward to any comments you may have.

Zastrox

Smaug

Post by Smaug » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am

each to their own. All paths I belive ultimately end with the Divine....whatever you may choose it to be.
Blessed be.

zeamone

Post by zeamone » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:58 am

Because they are tired of religion. It seems that religion for them is the source of war.
Did I miss something?

WLUSensfan

Post by WLUSensfan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Religion has been the source of war for milennia.
Hell, it still is the source of war nowadays.

As for Scientology, the reason why L. Ron Hubbard applied for the status of 'religion' was for the tax breaks. That much is well known.

Lachesis

Post by Lachesis » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:22 pm

There's already been some very intelligent postings here, so I'll try not to repeat anything that's already been said. I try to be VERY tolerant of others beliefs. But having lived in Clearwater, Florida, home of one of their "headquarters," I was exposed to quite a bit of Scientology. None of what I saw was positive.

What I saw was a group that claimed to be a religion but was in fact a money making scam. Doctors, lawyers, or other professionals (including the doctor for whom I worked) has to guarantee a certain amount of income each year to be given to CoS.  

I was sent to a seminar for the doctor's office which was supposed to be like a continuing education training. It was run by an office "management" group that was entirely owned by CoS, so primarily it was an attempt to get people into Scientology. It was supposed to be a two day seminar and I refused to go back after the first day. (My boss was in furious but there wasn't much she could do. She kept claiming Scientology was a religion and she knew I would have a case against her if she forced me to attend a religious function.)

For a non-professional person like myself, should I chose to join CoS, I would have been required to sign a million year contract to become a part of the "Sea Org." As a member of the Sea Org, I would have been eligible for housing, but all of my income was to be pledged to CoS.My children would have been required to attend CoS schools and my contact with them would have been limited.

Oh, and a side note - should you decide to do research on them or other cults, you need to be aware that the Church of Scientology now owns the Cult Awareness Network. They sued CAN into bankruptcy, then a CoS lawyer bought the rights to the name, supposedly in a "backroom" deal so that CAN members couldn't have access to the name anymore.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:06 pm

:smt012 Mmm... I admit all this does not sound very palatable. Since most of us who had heard about this thing from a distance might have developed a mild curiosity about it, I am glad for the info provided by those of you with some degree of access to it. Thank you, folks.  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

My friend Hal is head of ROCKY MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER, in Ft. Collins.  It is a center for understanding various Religions.  He also helps people get out of hate groups and "religious organizations" that are controlling/cults.
Scientology is one of the organizations he watches, carefully.  He has been doing this for close to 30 years.  
There are many hate groups and cults that deserve close scrutiny.  

Just be careful of Scientology.  Not all the people involved are celebs.  Many have been seriously hurt.  
If you ever have a question about a group, I can connect you to Hal, or go to his web page.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

acaveyogi

Re: What's with Tom Cruise and Scientology?

Post by acaveyogi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 am

rozrokz wrote:Pardon me if I offend anybody but are the people who believe in scientology for real. But than Bush got re-elected so anything is possible. :smt005 . Most of their supporters appear to be wealthy superstars who have no where else to park their money. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction isn't it.
Rozrokz, :) You have placed your topic in Siberia. At the sametime it is an interesting topic. And sir Bush :) is in a "Parallel World!" And I am an american who loves him. And one has got to respect somebody who has actually started Armageddon :)

"Hillary fought the "Battle of Jericho", and the walls came tumbling down" :) Sometimes a woman can make a difference in all of our realities and lives, male or otherwise.

Scientology is somewhat valid. It is just that it is commercial and because of this (commercial), is somewhat limited realitive to its scope, because it is commercial.

Cool topic Rozrokz!

Love!

john, a registered user :)

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:03 am

tourbi wrote:My friend Hal is head of ROCKY MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER, in Ft. Collins.  It is a center for understanding various Religions.  He also helps people get out of hate groups and "religious organizations" that are controlling/cults.
Scientology is one of the organizations he watches, carefully.  He has been doing this for close to 30 years.  
There are many hate groups and cults that deserve close scrutiny.  

Just be careful of Scientology.  Not all the people involved are celebs.  Many have been seriously hurt.  
If you ever have a question about a group, I can connect you to Hal, or go to his web page.
Tourbi :) You are loved! And thank you for your input to the international community :) about those people!

just john
For those of you that can see the living energy that living things give off, the young lady in my "avatar" picture radiates, "Sunshine Life and Love".

acaveyogi

Return to “Parallel Worlds and Planets and Aliens”