Faeries??

Ummmm Star Wars, X-Files, Star Trek... Parallel Worlds, Planets And Aliens...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Astroman101

Faeries??

Post by Astroman101 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 am

I read some stories mentioning faeries. They say that there are actual fairies in Ireland  and that the faerie cirlces where really made by faeries.
Is it possible or story was probably fake...
Anyone else have something to say bout faeries?

Rihannsu

Post by Rihannsu » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Never saw them myself,however in Slavic mythology we have something simillar to them.It would be nice to have all those mytical creatures to exist :)
"The Elements lead those who will,and those who won't they drag"

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Have you never seen the pictures of the Cottingey fairies, very famous, try Google them.
Then realise they are fakes, of course the Irish want you to go look at their fairies - you'll spend money!
I had an American staying with me and he was fascinated by fairies (I lived 6 miles from Cottingley), he went there, borrowed my car to go look and came back 2 weeks later with a branch off a fairy tree in the North of Scotland and he was so proud it didn't cost very much at all.
I offered him a twig from my fairy tree but he didn't want to pay for it.
Of coure there are no fairies, isn't the wotld we live in special enough without dreaming of little people.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Have you never seen the pictures of the Cottingey fairies, very famous, try Google them.
Then realise they are fakes, of course the Irish want you to go look at their fairies - you'll spend money!
I had an American staying with me and he was fascinated by fairies (I lived 6 miles from Cottingley), he went there, borrowed my car to go look and came back 2 weeks later with a branch off a fairy tree in the North of Scotland and he was so proud it didn't cost very much at all.
I offered him a twig from my fairy tree but he didn't want to pay for it.
Of coure there are no fairies, isn't the wotld we live in special enough without dreaming of little people.
Dang that was awesome.

Was going to say, you can come to San Francisco or Boston. Plenty of faeries there. I'm not sure those are the kind you're looking for, but that's what I hear.

Okay, now for those of you who will actually be offended (10%) as some say, really, aren't there better things to be offended by?

:smt016

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:10 pm

I've been to both San Francisco & LA, didn't look for any fairies though.
Mind you I did get some funny looks when I announced at a party that I was going outside for a fag (Cigarette in GB).

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:56 pm

Prof were you wearing your pants outside your trousers too  lol?

My mum always said that we had fairies at the bottom of the garden and that if I was very quiet and still I would see them, lol I'm still waiting like a good little girl  lol :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:23 pm

lol Stuart, choked on my drink when i read yours and the other posts.  Now got fizzy juice running down my nose and my eyes are watering!

Dagnammit!!
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:24 am

Let me grant you your wishes me laddies. Aren't I sweet! Give us a kiss, luv :smt058 . Muah, Muah...
Attachments
288123224_d04351b1df_m.jpg
288123224_d04351b1df_m.jpg (21.96 KiB) Viewed 6117 times

Smaug

Post by Smaug » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am

I belive Faeries are elemental spirts, and they most definately exist.
Blessed be.

marshmallu

Post by marshmallu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 am

I do believe that they exist (it would be so cool if they actually did!!)
just a crazy theory that i have, could they be hiding in forms of fireflies?? O_o

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43 am

Fairies and elf's and such are true I believe. People have seen them. I believe that in the case of the Cottingley Fairies, the fifth photograph was real. Elsie and Frances admitted they were fake and the 'fairies' where cardboard cut outs held up with hat pins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_Fairies

But if you look at the fifth photo, the fairies are tramsparent and you can see right through them. One of the sisters have claimed that the fifth is real to the deathbed and I believe that.

I've added the famous fifth photo for your inspection.

My mum used to tell me fairies lived at the bottom of the garden but it was just her entertaining me. I do believe in them but I think they have to trust you before you can see them. I used to read alot about fairies and there is a lot of fiction books out there on the subject [The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton] and films [Willow] to make people believe it is fantasy not a reality.
Attachments
Cottingley-sunbath.jpg
Cottingley-sunbath.jpg (59.27 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly.  ~ G.K. Chesterton

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:22 pm

They do exist, but they are good hiders.  I would think that most who do see them, the faeries don't know that they are being seen :)
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Return to “Parallel Worlds and Planets and Aliens”