Parallel Universes Exist

Ummmm Star Wars, X-Files, Star Trek... Parallel Worlds, Planets And Aliens...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32

Parallel Universes Exist

Post by LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery by Oxford scientists described by one expert as "one of the most important developments in the history of science".

The parallel universe theory, first proposed in 1950 by the US physicist niverseHugh Everett, helps explain mysteries of quantum mechanics that have baffled scientists for decades, it is claimed.

In Everett's "many worlds" universe, every time a new physical possibility is explored, the universe splits. Given a number of possible alternative outcomes, each one is played out - in its own universe. A motorist who has a near miss, for instance, might feel relieved at his lucky escape. But in a parallel universe, another version of the same driver will have been killed. Yet another universe will see the motorist recover after treatment in hospital. The number of alternative scenarios is endless.
This "bizarre idea" has been previously been dismissed by experts, but, because it provides a mathematical answer to quantum conundrums, as evidenced by the new research, it's suddenly looking less fanciful than it once did and "suggests that Dr Everett, who was a Phd student at Princeton University when he came up with the theory, was on the right track."

According to quantum mechanics, nothing at the subatomic scale can really be said to exist until it is observed. Until then, particles occupy nebulous "superposition" states, in which they can have simultaneous "up" and "down" spins, or appear to be in different places at the same time.

Observation appears to "nail down" a particular state of reality, in the same way as a spinning coin can only be said to be in a "heads" or "tails" state once it is caught.

According to quantum mechanics, unobserved particles are described by "wave functions" representing a set of multiple "probable" states. When an observer makes a measurement, the particle then settles down into one of these multiple options.

The Oxford team, led by Dr David Deutsch, showed mathematically that the bush-like branching structure created by the universe splitting into parallel versions of itself can explain the probabilistic nature of quantum outcomes.
So what I totally love about this is how it pulls back a curtain to give us a glimpse of how little we really actually know about the universe(s). We think we're so sophisticated, but we're still bloodletting with leeches to cure us of our plethoras.
In a parallel universe, you could be living another life in a Different Time.Right Now I am on my computer writing this article.In another universe
I could be living in ancient egypt around the time Cleopatra was Queen.Another Example:I could be eating breakfast here ,but in another universe eating dinner.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 am

I heard that every time a new possibility is thought of a parallel universe is created and every possibility is played out. I'm sure an awful lot never makes it beyond the causal plane how ever. The filter on reality could definitely be improved.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Omega7154

You would be surprised!

Post by Omega7154 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:15 pm

There is an impeccable design in place. This filter you speak of is in your mind, literally. I'm an undergrad student in the field of astrophysics, and It all makes perfect sense. The union of quantum physics & Einstein's "theory of relativity" has been achieved in our lifetime through "M Theory," the theory of multiple universes.

The reason a new universe will split off at the point of a decisive action is because the path we follow is directed by our thoughts. It's exactly how all possible outcomes are indeed possible and exist at the moment of conception.

In one universe your nightmares are a reality, and in another you won the lottery. Every time you've walked across a bridge and wondered what if, you essentially create a rift in time and space. A vibration is calibrated through rings inside of different charged particles that create a cause and effect reaction to take place. Some particles are not supported enough in this universe, so to the observer they appear to disappear almost as instantaneously as they had came into existence. However, they are only transferred into a parallel universe where they had the proper support to thrive. Every 'thing' in existence has one sole solitary purpose in existing, and that is to continue to do so.

We live in a magnificent era of mankind's evolution. It is critical to this evolution that people think more of survival than any other alternative. I would suggest watching "The Secret" for further clarification on how exactly to operate your universal interface (aka your brain). Other sources for information on particle physics and parallel universes can be found on education documentaries through the History Channel and Youtube.com. Also, for those who are serious about controlling their brains check out Richard Bandler, through torrent searches.

Return to “Parallel Worlds and Planets and Aliens”