The Call

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

epsilonsmirror

The Call

Post by epsilonsmirror » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:35 am

The journey itself is most important to me.
The destination is never truly reached in my belief.
How can anyone dream of a heaven or hell when there is so much to
know and so little time in physical form.
The surface hasnt even been scratched very deep.
And a lifetime just isnt enough to call it good.
My question is this,why is everone in such a hurry to return when you dont even have anything much to return with?
Iam not going home with an empty mind or heart,or awnsers about the most basic questions of existence in all its forms.
The truth will not question me and find me lacking in effort.
If I dont find the awnsers I will still search for them with all that I am.
The destination is what?eternal rest?wealth in possesions forever.
All the things that you have to work so hard for here?
Without the struggle and the battle whats the point of existence?
Why is everyone so interested in eternal peace and joy, when they have no idea what true sorrow and turmoil are?

grantnieddu

The Journey

Post by grantnieddu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:31 pm

epsilonsmirror,

The Journey is also of prime importance to me. I couldn't agree more.

I have the vision of Heaven in my mind, but I asked the question "Why would God keep me here", if my sole focus was to be Heaven.
The conclusion came to me to be that I was here not just to get somewhere (Heaven) but to experience the Journey.

This has been freeing and empowering for me to be relevant for those I am with, and hot have an irrelevant view of Heaven.

MichaelLenhart

The Journey

Post by MichaelLenhart » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:16 pm

The Journey IS the sole reason you are here.  To experience, to grow spiritually.

When you return - the first question is 'How did I do?’ the second question is 'When can I go back?'

The purpose of this life is to create heaven on Earth - or - Be happy, no matter what the experience might be.  IF ALL IS 'Right with your Soul’, you find Bliss - Finding Bliss (Happiness) will bring you good health.

Something to consider - maybe there is no heaven or hell - but you experience exactly what you believe it to be....

You are so dearly Loved by all on the other side - you are making a difference here and throughout the Universe for being here.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:39 pm

Perhaps there are those who do not want to return.  What of their questions?  

How did I do? will enlighten the soul to figure out how they need to proceed to perhaps fix what didn't work and/or enhance that which did.  

But as to returning to earth to learn...why not go forward in spirit instead?  Why not accept that there is more in spirit than a staging ground for returning souls?

epsilonsmirror

Post by epsilonsmirror » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:54 am

then you are aiming at assisting those souls in the dark horrible regions over there Huh?
Good for you spirit talk, they need all the help they can get from advanced souls who are willing to travel the underworld,abyss,lower astral, and caverns of the supposedly damned souls
from this world and all the others.
It really is mostly bleak over there, because most dont even get out of the lower astral plane on this planet.
The need for spiritual teachers,guides and ministers of truth are desperately needed.
If however you find that you are lacking I will happily greet you on this plane of existence when you get back here.
I mean by returning by returning there not here but there, because that is where everyone comes from initially.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:00 pm

Then where are all the master teachers, gurus, and spiritually elevated?  

I'm sorry, your spirit world is so bleak...mine isn't!  It has many spheres to growth to reach a reunion with the highest power of all...I call God.  We begin in those bleak areas, because that is all the earth life lessons have taught.  But in all of God's great kingdoms, no one is ever lost forever.  When the soul is ready for enlightment, it will come.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:30 am

[quote="spiritalk"]Then where are all the master teachers, gurus, and spiritually elevated?  

I'm sorry, your spirit world is so bleak...mine isn't!  It has many spheres to growth to reach a reunion with the highest power of all...I call God.  We begin in those bleak areas, because that is all the earth life lessons have taught.  But in all of God's great kingdoms, no one is ever lost forever.  When the soul is ready for enlightment, it will come.[/quote]

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Dear "Spiritalk": I have a feeling that the sentence //Then where are all the master ... spiritually elevated// was a posting by someone else that you were responding to but that was not clear in the way you quoted it :-)

Just wanted to make that clear since Internet can be very confusing, spiritually and otherwise!!

That technicality out of the way -- I will not comment on the tone of your message/response or any judgmental comparing that your message may have contained!!

Spirituality is not about comparing and judging others or feeling smug and good!

Before you respond, let me reiterate! I am not spiritual or non-judgmental at all, just a small child and infant learning how to handle the WAVES at the beach! I do know that my MOTHER is with me!!

If you do not believe me, read what my soul wrote:
=======================
JUSTICE OF (MA) DESTINY

As I peer blurry-eyed up towards the heavens
I see a shooting star
feel its warm, soothing glow as it passes above me
taking my soul in its tow.
Balls of fire glow as cinders ablaze.
Dazed and shaken my wandering eyes
meet Ma Destiny's melting gaze

She smiles at me, tearfully, tenderness overflowing from her heart
as she sees her suffering child
trying to take a faltering step
and hears the cry that rises to baby lips
as the ocean washes its sand-castle away

She yearns to hold him in her embrace
and drink his pain till he hurts no more;
her fingers twitch to wave her magic wand
and turn his gloom into a song of joy
She moves, arms outstretched, uncontrollably, one step.

Then something inside holds her back
She thinks of his millions of sibs
who went hungry to bed tonight for want of bread
who shall dream of blood and war and pain, surviving another night(mare)
who may dream no more so great is their dread
who know not what 'morrow shall bring
or if there'll be one at all

She holds back her tears as ten-year olds die,
while helpless parents in horror watch
She hurts within her soul, as broken hearts
drift farther apart like passing stars.
She turns in denial her bleeding, exhausted eyes away
only to chance upon a doomed ray of hope
and its dying glimmer before it fades away, forever

She wails aloud in helpless frustration as her offsprings curse
and blame their Mother for all their pain
ungrateful, wretched budlings of hers
writhing in their self-imposed stupidity
the sand -- every grain of it -- is all still there
           their castles, but, remain no more

==================================

PEACE!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Re: The Call

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 am

Dear epsilon,

The fifth symbol, the commonest letter of english language, from a jyotish viewpoint = mars from ashwini (horserider/healer as in ashwiniputras) naskhatra (that which cannot be destroyed!) and jupiter from Krittika (scissors) nakshatra, your sharing was wonderful ...

Try another perspective if one I be allowed to impose here on one so wise as you!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I AM NOT MOVING
THE REALITY AROUND ME IS ...

HENCE THE ILLUSION IT CREATES IN 'ME' AND THE {ENDLESS} DISCUSSION!

Rohiniranjan

[quote="epsilonsmirror"]The journey itself is most important to me.
The destination is never truly reached in my belief.
How can anyone dream of a heaven or hell when there is so much to
know and so little time in physical form.
The surface hasnt even been scratched very deep.
And a lifetime just isnt enough to call it good.
My question is this,why is everone in such a hurry to return when you dont even have anything much to return with?
Iam not going home with an empty mind or heart,or awnsers about the most basic questions of existence in all its forms.
The truth will not question me and find me lacking in effort.
If I dont find the awnsers I will still search for them with all that I am.
The destination is what?eternal rest?wealth in possesions forever.
All the things that you have to work so hard for here?
Without the struggle and the battle whats the point of existence?
Why is everyone so interested in eternal peace and joy, when they have no idea what true sorrow and turmoil are?[/quote]

HeartWalker

Journey is the reward

Post by HeartWalker » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 am

Destination + you makes Destiny.Both are important equally. You can't have one without the other, it is like asking a bird, which wing is necessary for you ? Of course, a bird needs both wings to fly.
Similarly, an ending is necessary( that is the destination,...we all merge in to our original source,..GOD)
and Life is the journey through which we reclaim our original divinity, all this is a divine drama, staged by GOD.

As and when you get more ready to receive instructions, the universe sends you signs, called often as miracles, and once you learn to act and live in synchronicity with the universe' signs, then you would discover your life's purpose and hence. would fulfill the reason for your present birth and move on to the next stage,...Once you complete the purpose for which you have born, then it is goodbye to this divine comedy of Life.

I hope this adds light and adds a true perspective of balance, it is not "either or",... it is " and".

with Love and Light

HeartWalker

sunspun

The Journey really IS the destination

Post by sunspun » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:53 am

the prize may change along the journey..all we have is this moment.

stan

Post by stan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:55 pm

Neither. Both paths are Maya.

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:39 am

Greetings to all---

Perhaps one might consider:
&nbsp;
one has no journey unless there is a destination
viewing things of the spirit would it not seem this
is particularlly true.

This would seem to be in agreement with several previous answers here

peace and love ---poppa

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am

[quote="theancient_dr"]Greetings to all---

Perhaps one might consider:

one has no journey unless there is a destination
viewing things of the spirit would it not seem this
is particularlly true.

This would seem to be in agreement with several previous answers here

peace and love ---poppa[/quote]

Dear Poppa,

It is wonderful to have so many beautiful spiritual discussions that have taken place on this thread with not a single body missing or a drop of blood on the ground, compared to certain other sections and forums (not on this board) that I have had the mmm... questionable privilege to be an observer or participant at ;-)

But for a spiritual journey that we are discussing, we are using too much of this goal-orientedness and purpose and all those kind of things that a parent tries to force into the minds of their children lest they go astray and whither away their energy and opportunities!

I do not believe that the soul exists in similar realms although our overpowering worldly reality and daily brush with the mundane forces upon us and conditions into us that mindset, for self-preservation if nothing else because 99% of us would have to go out in the world tomorrow and do what we do for existence, and the day after and the week after and so on...

We can let that framework recede and even vanish on this thread and view the soul not as a traveller but an amused and enchanted purveyor of this reality that swings by us, surrounds us, overwhelms us, scares us, makes us laugh, makes us cry, as we see this cinema of Maya. Even those of us enraptured by this REALITY will at the right moment realize that this MOVIE too shall end, and there may be many more such movies for most of us, regardless of our wishes, desires or predictions about ultimate self-realization (Atma-gnan) based on our individual self-assessment! ;-)

HENCE:

I maintain and repeat!:
I AM NOT MOVING
THE REALITY AROUND ME IS ...

HENCE THE ILLUSION IT CREATES IN EACH OF US ('ME') AND THE {ENDLESS} DISCUSSION!

Rohiniranjan

Re: Journey is the reward

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:47 am

[quote="HeartWalker"]Destination + you makes Destiny.Both are important equally. You can't have one without the other, it is like asking a bird, which wing is necessary for you ? Of course, a bird needs both wings to fly.
Similarly, an ending is necessary( that is the destination,...we all merge in to our original source,..GOD)
and Life is the journey through which we reclaim our original divinity, all this is a divine drama, staged by GOD.

As and when you get more ready to receive instructions, the universe sends you signs, called often as miracles, and once you learn to act and live in synchronicity with the universe' signs, then you would discover your life's purpose and hence. would fulfill the reason for your present birth and move on to the next stage,...Once you complete the purpose for which you have born, then it is goodbye to this divine comedy of Life.

I hope this adds light and adds a true perspective of balance, it is not "either or",... it is " and".

with Love and Light

HeartWalker[/quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miracles!
Rainbows that get sent to colour our minds overwhelmed by the GREY
Could the clouds that weigh so heavy upon some souls and minds
Bring so much optimism within my soul, if I did not remember
The rainbow that coloured the skies last time ...
After the clouds threatened to obliterate the sun *forever*!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rohiniranjan

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:09 am

Greetings to you &nbsp;Rohiniranjan

it is good to meet you here ---

it seems we walk upon this stage in the middle of the play of life
playing our part for this scene
then leaving to come back again and again---

your comments are appreciated

thank you for your considered postions to assist all
perhaps setting them thinking along an avenue as yet untraveled