Sarcasm versus humor

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:06 am

[quote="Rhutobello"][quote="Prof. Akers"]rohiniranjan satan was called Shaitan - teller of lies, nothing evil just a big fibber.[/quote]

Again is it the human race who have made someone a big injustice....and on the top of that,made him in charge of the heat department...well well...it is an honor in itself...and show that even those who lies can be famous ...

Aren't that what the color press are doing all the time?...why do we never learn?  :)[/quote]

This is a thought rumination into realms which are foreign to me so I could be wrong in terms of 'facts'! The concept of Satan (as propounded by and believed in Christian Faith, if I am not mistaken) ruling over Hell and brimstone and sulphur and so on has often made me wonder if there is something for us to pay attention to there!

Christian Faith was born and evolved in the Middle East (Modern Israel?) which is a HOT region for the most part (though not like the area of world where the concept of NARAK in Hinduism evolved). India is for the most part a HOT country and I can see the thought-linkage between HOT as HELL in that zone of the world (unless we have experienced major climate change since the Vedic times!) and I can see (although never visited Israel) I am presuming that the HOT as HELL concept may work there too!

But truth be told, Christianity has for the most part been sustained by and evolved in Western/Northern Nations and cultures where HEAT is a welcome BOON particularly the months ahead, including the month of the birth of the Christian Messiah, right around the Winter Solstice as the modern accepted date goes!

Anyone who is in-charge of HEAT, Rhutobello brother, would seem like the popular guy! And yet I know that Satan and what it is believed to represent (all around the world) is not welcome in the North East West South (NEWS!). Absolutely! We hate to hear the first thing in NEWS as yet another blow-up somewhere or innocent civillians killed etc (even in hot regions of the world).

Perhaps the icons and symbols that were associated with SATAN need to be reexamined and revised! At least depending on where we live and which part of the year! Ahem!!

RR

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:33 am

Since my last post was more sarcasm then a definition of Satan, let me then try to give my opinion about him, and "his task".

As we know everything need to have an equilibrium in order to be in balance.

We define or "Know" God as the creator of life. He is looked upon as the force of all good thing, love and so on.

If this force was alone, then we all would go around in a loving caring way, with no need for dispute or self promotion, no need for wars...everything was just good.

This has never been, and in order to find the other side of God, we "define" a force Satan, The Devil, or "the Destroyer".

Now we have two opposite forces that we hope to bring into equilibrium, and if we look at mankind, then we are struggling all the time to achieve this task.

We are all born with a bit of God in us ...BUT also the Devil..Satan or "the Destroyer"....and in my opinion you will find both this force connected to your Ego.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 am

Always depend on a big brother or grandpa (in this forum that tends to be heavy on the under 30's!) to bring out the truth as most would see easily! Two sides of the coin, God and Satan and the coin would not be valid in the realm of REALITY if both faces were not there!

But what if there is no need for the + and - or anabolism and catabolism, the birth and destruction, the good and evil, the benefic and malefic, the high and the low as separate and individual sides of the DICHTOTOMY?

What if God created the flat Prairies first and then realized that his future restless offspring would be even more easily bored from living in flatlands and so He created the mountains and oceans and volcanoes and earthquakes and wars and famines and love and hatred and jealousy and acceptance and beauty and the beast and ...

In his enthusiasm he made the video games so REAL that the players forgot that they were spending the weekend with this Creative Dad before they returned to Gaia, their Mother estranged from their father: God!

And thus the Konfusion began! The video game, by the way was programmed by an offshore developer in India and was named -- MAYA. The name caught on but the algorithm behind the game has still not been copied or deciphered by the world! Hence, the GAME remains popular and everyone seems to buy into it!!

RR

[quote="Rhutobello"]Since my last post was more sarcasm then a definition of Satan, let me then try to give my opinion about him, and "his task".

As we know everything need to have an equilibrium in order to be in balance.

We define or "Know" God as the creator of life. He is looked upon as the force of all good thing, love and so on.

If this force was alone, then we all would go around in a loving caring way, with no need for dispute or self promotion, no need for wars...everything was just good.

This has never been, and in order to find the other side of God, we "define" a force Satan, The Devil, or "the Destroyer".

Now we have two opposite forces that we hope to bring into equilibrium, and if we look at mankind, then we are struggling all the time to achieve this task.

We are all born with a bit of God in us ...BUT also the Devil..Satan or "the Destroyer"....and in my opinion you will find both this force connected to your Ego.[/quote]

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 am

The real nice thing with this, is that your explanation are well so true as mine....because no one really knows.....as we have stated before :)

Everything is just thoughts and beliefs, and if they work in such a way, that they promote your life to something good, well then they function, for me and you.

The worst thing we can do is to discover the truth and then demand all other to see it....we have destroy many societies that way....and one should have believed that Satan had disguised himself as God in many occasions.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:27 am

Speaking as an astrologer -- YOU sir have a very convoluted third house whose lord considers your personal planet as someone so easy to fight with and disagree with and yet the two planets whatever those may be are very harmonized. because ... <budding astrology students and astrogeniuses please fill in the gap with your knowledge or better still WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE!>

May I, as an astrologer and so on (and on...) recommend publicly that you rename yourself as RUTHoBELLO (CaSe matters!)?

Just because I said so does not mean that you will be allowed to do so! :-(

Ranjan

[quote="Rhutobello"]The real nice thing with this, is that your explanation are well so true as mine....because no one really knows.....as we have stated before :)

Everything is just thoughts and beliefs, and if they work in such a way, that they promote your life to something good, well then they function, for me and you.

The worst thing we can do is to discover the truth and then demand all other to see it....we have destroy many societies that way....and one should have believed that Satan had disguised himself as God in many occasions.[/quote]

Return to “Philosophy”