Illusion of family relations

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ksri10

Pray tell us great unwashed ants, Oh Great One: What is this

Post by ksri10 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:17 am

OURS IS NOT TO MAKE OTHERS..........BELIEVE
YET CAST PEARLS OF WISDOM BEFORE...............

Rohiniranjan

Re: Pray tell us great unwashed ants, Oh Great One: What is this

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:30 am

[quote="ksri10"]OURS IS NOT TO MAKE OTHERS..........BELIEVE
YET CAST PEARLS OF WISDOM BEFORE...............[/quote]

And yet they blame continually the ant of being arrogant and rancid!
Because of its concern crude/unpolished and its caress full of formic acid!

Always in low key, never in upper case,
and just a 'gentle' bite that never killed, lest they forget just in case...
Even those who stepped on it to crush the ant in anger after its caress!

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays as appropriate for you personally.

ksri10

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays as appropriate for you per

Post by ksri10 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:16 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND  VERY POSPEROUS NEW YEAR/HOLIDAYS...........
MAY THE DIVINE SHOWER HIS DIVINE BLESSINGS ON YOU......IN YOUR SPIRITUAL QUEST.

Votive

Post by Votive » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:35 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote:For some, who may have been blessed and having completed their Dharma or duties, the path of physical detachment is available.
For others, it is even difficult to define where the duties end and the desires begin....
As Vivekananda pleaded "Ma, mujhe manushya bana do"..."Mother, make me a human being".
For most of us common persons, the answers are not finite and available easily.
And in any case there have to be and there are, perhaps, more than a finite set of answers all around.
For, if the formless was the stable equilibrium then there was no need for the form at all.
If the formless is the infinite then where is the need for finite creatures like us ?
If time and space are not linked then energy has no relevance.
So many 'ifs' and as many 'buts'!

Walk on then, till the path is seen, till there is energy to count steps...

Votive
Yes Votive, you do speak like a sage! I am sure you are one!

A friend some years ago shared her lifestory with me some years ago.

An immigrant who moved into a very strange (culturally for her but not her husband) country and trying to carve a career in literally a glaciar of ICE gave birth to a child, and then another. The second was difficult in many ways and in physical ways. Suddenly magic entered their lives and alternative healing showed those who would care to learn, its potential.

Lives changed from that point as they tend to when energy and healing enters our realities!

Time, place and reality are incidental, Votive!

All each of us needs to remember is that VERY FIRST moment in this lifetime when we felt anxious and hungry and reached out instinctively for what we much later and eventually figured out and recognized and accepted as our MOTHER in this lifetime! [[We shall be cared for forever as we were in that first fleeting moment of anxiety and loneliness!]]

Amazing, isn't it?
Time, place and reality all incidental in this cosmic drama, yet the quest goes on.
Thankyou for those generous words, I have been often called rishi but that is because it iss my name!
Sagacity, perhaps, cannot alone define the need and it needs a more than fair sprinkling of devotion and surrender, so be kind enough to wish all the necessary amount of devotion!!
Therefore, I got lucky that some friends decided to name me"votive" on this internet reality.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year (Time as per the calenderical norms!).
May the new year bring sagacity and devotion ....

votive

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:36 am

intellgence betrays the actuakl ability of a propper sage if he was what yuo quote then why are the post so sparse?

for some it is actual reality let your word equate that equation!

circledtwice

Post by circledtwice » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:54 am

"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."

"We're like actors, turned loose in this world to wander in search of a phantom, endlessly searching for a half-formed shadow of our lost reality. When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The most loving parents and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their faces."

- Jim Morrison

“We are effectively destroying ourselves by violence masquerading as love.”

"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds."

"We are all murderers and prostitutes - no matter to what culture, society, class, nation one belongs, no matter how normal, moral, or mature, one takes oneself to be."

"Whether life is worth living depends on whether there is love in life."

- R.D. Laing

Take it as you will.
"In the nineteenth century the problem was that God is dead; in the twentieth century the problem is that man is dead."

- Erich Fromm

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 am

Dear circledtwice!

Despite your young age (you chose to be 18), I find your serious interest in this matter very impressive.

I would, though, if I may request -- like to hear your own thoughts on this topic and not through quotes and quotations, if possible.

Please share with me, in your reply, your personal experiences and what you have observed in your life and in those who shared their life-experiences with you, so far.

Thanks and may you remain protected, cared, loved and productive!

[quote="circledtwice"][i]"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."[/i]

[i]"We're like actors, turned loose in this world to wander in search of a phantom, endlessly searching for a half-formed shadow of our lost reality. When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The most loving parents and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their faces."[/i]

- [b]Jim Morrison[/b]
[i]
“We are effectively destroying ourselves by violence masquerading as love.”[/i]

[i]"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds."[/i]

[i]"We are all murderers and prostitutes - no matter to what culture, society, class, nation one belongs, no matter how normal, moral, or mature, one takes oneself to be."
[/i]
[i]"Whether life is worth living depends on whether there is love in life."[/i]

- [b]R.D. Laing[/b]

Take it as you will.[/quote]
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:57 am

[quote="DragonKnight"]intellgence betrays the actuakl ability of a propper sage if he was what yuo quote then why are the post so sparse?

for some it is actual reality let your word equate that equation![/quote]

Dear Forum member,

Just quoting your post for showing continuity and not necessarily to respond to your specific post and words!

I am 56 and I have yet to meet a sage -- let alone a "Proper" sage!

There are a few possibilities:

In this lifetime, I  am not supposed to meet a sage (so better not waste time on that quest)
I met one but did not recognize (NO STAN YOU ARE NOT ONE! ;-)
I may have met a few but those were not RELEVANT!
and finally
YOU ARE THE SAINT I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET BUT YOU ARE FAR FROM READY!

Choices, choices. choices!
What would you recommend?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

circledtwice

Post by circledtwice » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 am

What i wanted to say with those quotes is that we need to go further and deeper than it's "the maya". Unfortunately sayings like that have become slogans in trying to enact some spiritually change. We need to question our everyday realities, to find out if they're real or not. As said in the quotes above; love has been distorted and is now based on control and self interest. The worst part is that many people don't realize it.  And of course if you don't realize what the answer is nothing is going to be solved.

As the saying goes: "we always the destroy the ones we love.", and it goes both ways. But most of the time people don't really believe what they believe. They may think they believe it, but in their deepest part of their mind they don't.  
Please share with me, in your reply, your personal experiences and what you have observed in your life and in those who shared their life-experiences with you, so far.
My life has been like most western kids with the exception of my last two years. I grew up heavily addicted to video games, and then one day everything became completely empty. From there my life became a search, a search for reality; psychological, philosophically, or spiritually.
"In the nineteenth century the problem was that God is dead; in the twentieth century the problem is that man is dead."

- Erich Fromm

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:22 am

Please tell us how you have experience and faced MAYA in your personal life during this lifetime? If you wish...

Thanks

RR

[quote="circledtwice"]My life has been like most western kids with the exception of my last two years. I grew up heavily addicted to video games, and then one day everything became completely empty. From there my life became a search, a search for reality; psychological, philosophically, or spiritually.[/quote]

V.ABHISHEK

Re: Illusion of family relations

Post by V.ABHISHEK » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:09 pm

maya sakti is the devine creation of loard himself. it signefies the essense of the creator without which the actions are meaningless. humens are effortless without maya. he use his maya shakti for various purposes indeed it is a tool in his hand. it is a tool to examine the seense of a true devotee. it is like an exam which is to be cleared to realise the ultimate truth. Hence i can say that maya shakti is a very useful suppliment for the true sadhaka.
wish u all the spirants of astology.

V.ABHISHEK

bhakti, gyana, vairagya- their interrelation.

Post by V.ABHISHEK » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Bhakti- ultimate love and devotion towards the supreme. here what love means. wt a common man undestand the context of love towards god? how he exibits his love towards the god? is caring about him or loving him or respecting him is necessary? when one can feel to do all these things? wt is his basic intention for doing all these things? in which manner one can show the love towards him? will he accepts it or not? how can we judge it is accepted or rejected? and so onnnnnnnnnn end less questions. ok let us move towards gyana.

Gyana - true bhakti leads to realisation. during the process of devotion one can realise certain factors which leads to realisation. ok, can all have the same realisation? if the answer is no, then is there any standars of realisation? and many questions raised during the devotion will follow.  may he realise the oneness with god. so wt? wt next?

vairagya - detatchment. wt is this? with whom? if god given us every thing, if he resides in every thing wt is the meaning of leaving everything? and so onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
wish u all the spirants of astology.

Return to “Philosophy”