TIME

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

stan

TIME

Post by stan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:04 pm

IT"S BEEN SAID THAT MOST OF US ARE SEEING THE PAST AND NOT THE PRESENT. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU THINK YOUR HEARING ME AND SEEING ME BUT ALL YOUR SEEING IS THE PAST. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS RIDDLE OF SORTS?
Last edited by stan on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:42 pm

Are we ever able to live in the NOW?
God bless, J

stan

Post by stan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:48 pm

spiritalk wrote:Are we ever able to live in the NOW?

YES, WE CAN LIVE IN THE ETERNAL NOW.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:32 pm

Maybe this is us reliving our lives or maybe this is us as a figment in God's imagination.
I am just like you.

stan

Post by stan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:41 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:Maybe this is us reliving our lives or maybe this is us as a figment in God's imagination.

MAYBE IT'S NOT AN EITHER - OR - ANSWER?

MuchachaMagica

Post by MuchachaMagica » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:40 am

"We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are". Sorry, can't remember who said that. But if what we are is based  (at least in part) in our past experiences, do we see the world through our past?

On the other hand, as we can only remember our past and don't know our future, it's like we go through life walking backwards into our future, with our eyes on our past...
Just a thought.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:43 am

Eyes are only in teh past if you allow it. Eyes are only on the future if you allow it. Eyes are on the present if you allow it.
I am just like you.

MuchachaMagica

Post by MuchachaMagica » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:01 am

I know, but most of us keep our eyes on the past (wasn't that the question?), at least until we "wake up".
As for myself, one day I'd like to be able to put my eyes on past, present and future, all at the same time.  :smt101

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:08 am

ah gotcha!
I am just like you.

stan

Post by stan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 pm

MuchachaMagica wrote:I know, but most of us keep our eyes on the past (wasn't that the question?), at least until we "wake up".
As for myself, one day I'd like to be able to put my eyes on past, present and future, all at the same time.  :smt101

If your desire is truly a burning one, it will help you to extricate yourself from all other desires and in the end - it to must go! The last desire before knowing is the final statement of who you are. You can come in but the desire must stay outside.

That which is of the flesh is flesh and that which is of the Spirit is Spirit.(BIBLE)

stan

Post by stan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:30 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:Eyes are only in teh past if you allow it. Eyes are only on the future if you allow it. Eyes are on the present if you allow it.

That seems to be true on this level of existence. You have got to Hear the first message and is, IF YOU THINK YOUR FREE YOU CAN'T ESCAPE.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:03 am

[quote="sidewalk_bends"]Eyes are only in teh past if you allow it. Eyes are only on the future if you allow it. Eyes are on the present if you allow it.[/quote]

You are right! It is about time that brain took back its responsibility! For it is the brain that decides what the eyes see!

As the OLD saying goes: THE EYES DON'T SEE WHAT THE BRAIN DOES NOT KNOW!

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Philosophy”