Remember

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Killing_Smile

Remember

Post by Killing_Smile » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Remember who you are, not who you've become.
23 lies you told.

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:40 pm

But, isn't who we are, the person we have become? Or are you saying that we aren't what we have become because who we are never changes, so we can't better ourselves, or improve oursleves?

....a tree with leaves can show fear

Killing_Smile

Post by Killing_Smile » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:22 pm

It means some people want to become someone rather than be who they truly are. Whether through peer pressure or pressure from family, we are sometimes driven to be and do things we do not always want. Some parents for instance allow their wants to be their child's wants rather than letting them live by their own heart. Some who failed to achieve the things they wanted in this life, put it on their children to accomplish the things they thought they wanted of themselves. And so rather than living by our hearts, many succumb to the world around us, often living unhappy lives despite seemingly having everything this life could provide.

So when I say remember yourself, it means, remember who you truly are within your heart. You are more than just your wants and dreams. You are more than this physical body. You are more than your spirit. You are more than your soul. Accept who you are, that you may find your true self.
23 lies you told.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Killing Smile. ? Have you been at the sherry again dear, I know I'm thick but:-

' You are more than just your wants and dreams. You are more than this physical body. You are more than your spirit. You are more than your soul. Accept who you are, that you may find your true self.'
What's left?
I think I know what you mean but if I'm none of the above what am I?
Am I all of them plus?????????????? something else.

Killing_Smile

Post by Killing_Smile » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Killing Smile. ? Have you been at the sherry again dear, I know I'm thick but:-

' You are more than just your wants and dreams. You are more than this physical body. You are more than your spirit. You are more than your soul. Accept who you are, that you may find your true self.'
What's left?
Jack Daniels for me, but with coke.

You are all of these and you are part of the whole?
23 lies you told.

stan

Post by stan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Killing Smile. ? Have you been at the sherry again dear, I know I'm thick but:-

What's left?
I don't know what possessed dear one to write this but ex lax might help. Problem though?? What do we do with the clothes?  :smt002  Maybe we are a center of consciousness and from that vantage point, it looks like it's us but it isn't us. Center of consciousness term is a much safer for those who may be a tad crazy like me.  :smt003

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:40 pm

I think the more right phrase must be "Be true to yourself, you are what you are..not what you like to become"...now can someone pure me a sherry too :)

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Can I have Jim Beam instead please  :P ?  Although sherry isnt bad in the afternoon lol

I think I get what you mean now. Remember the acorn you are and not the tree?

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Remember the forest and the acorn.
I am just like you.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm

Oh and I forgot, I'll have a Tokyo Ice Tea please!
I am just like you.

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Whats a Tokyo Ice Tea? Is that like a Singapore Sling?

I am staying with Rhutobello and having sherry!

....So I am tree and want to be a forest but all along I am the acorn? Huh? But acorns DO grow and then they can become a tree and then the tree can have more acorns and soon become a forest? Hic!

stan

Post by stan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:21 pm

Rhutobello wrote:I think the more right phrase must be "Be true to yourself, you are what you are..not what you like to become"...now can someone pure me a sherry too :)
Girl walks, and sits down and says, I'm a chicken and the doctor says yes you are, for you are all you believe yourself to believe. Also, please save me some eggs.

So many tree's that I can't see the forest. Can't see the tree because I'm to busy examining the branches. You don't know me.  :smt015

stan

Post by stan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:00 pm

There comes a point when the seeker no longer tries to become that which he desires and it is at this point, that he becomes that.

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:20 pm

O M G    am I now Jim? :smt003

stan

Post by stan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Forest Of Mysteries wrote:O M G    am I now Jim? :smt003

AND NOW THAT YOU ARE HE AND HE IS YOU, IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO THINK YOUR DOING SOMETHING TO JIM, OR TAKING SOMETHING FROM JIM, OR ASK JIM ANY QUESTIONS. WHATEVER YOU DO UNTO ANOTHER YOU ONLY DO TO YOURSELF.

:smt003

Return to “Philosophy”