Genisis

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

stan

Genisis

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:12 am

What is this tree? Is it in th Here and Now?  :smt017
Last edited by stan on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stan

Deception

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Tree of Deception. Every see Satan in this tree? You say no. Thats because he's the tree :smt004

sidewalk_bends

Re: Deception

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:06 pm

stan wrote:Tree of Deception. Every see Satan in this tree? You say no. Thats because he's the tree :smt004
Who's the tornado or is the tornado all that passes him by?

stan

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:24 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:
stan wrote:Tree of Deception. Every see Satan in this tree? You say no. Thats because he's the tree :smt004

THERE IS THE TRAP! YOU CAN NOT-NOT DISCOVER THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE VIA THE INTELLECT! THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE CAN ONLY BE EXPERIENCED AND THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN BY GODS GRACE! :smt002

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:32 pm

stan wrote:
sidewalk_bends wrote:

THERE IS THE TRAP! YOU CAN NOT-NOT DISCOVER THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE VIA THE INTELLECT! THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE CAN ONLY BE EXPERIENCED AND THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN BY GODS GRACE! :smt002

That is true, but I don't believe in riddles.

I'm reminded of this phrase, "Reap the whirlwind". Perhaps it just means we reap what we sow. We can either go straight to the Center or we can live in the whirlwind that we create for ourselves. Some will stare in awe though.  :smt017

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:40 pm

stan wrote: THERE IS A TRAP! YOU CAN NOT-NOT DISCOVER THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE VIA THE INTELLECT! THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE CAN ONLY BE EXPERIENCED AND THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN BY GODS GRACE! :smt002
Normally there is a Trap in beliefs....that is why it is so difficult to discuss.

In order to "see" it you must be a believer...and you can't see it with your eyes...but your belief tells you it is there.

If belief makes something happen....why are we then putting all those who believe they are Jesus Christ, Napoleon, Presidents or maybe even a bird, in a nut house? :)  
Are one belief better then another,,,,who judge....at least between Religions.
All of them are 100% sure that they have the truth, then we either must have several creators....or just several names for the same thing :)

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:44 pm

You forget the other option Rhuto, which are several lies.

The truth always sounds great, but it is often wrapped in lies. It's a great recipe for confusion.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:45 pm

That is true, but I don't believe in riddles. Side-Walk

I'm reminded of this phrase, "Reap the whirlwind". Perhaps it just means we reap what we sow. We can either go straight to the Center or we can live in the whirlwind that we create for ourselves. Some will stare in awe though.

Yes, some will be in awe but they will first be troubled before the AWE and they marvel and find repose. And they will be in the Center and yet, in the world but not of the world.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Agreed.

But I meant some will stare in awe of the tree, whilst there are other trees.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:59 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:Agreed.

But I meant some will stare in awe of the tree, whilst there are other trees.
Yes. The tree of Life. Most never get past the tree of deception.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:44 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:You forget the other option Rhuto, which are several lies.

The truth always sounds great, but it is often wrapped in lies. It's a great recipe for confusion.

IS IT LIVE OR IS MEMOREX  :smt020

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm

In stereo Dolby surround sound baby!

stan

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:In stereo Dolby surround sound baby!

Than it's MEMOREX DELUSIONS OF GRANDUER. ENJOY THE TREE OF DECEPTION, WHILE YOU CAN FOR THE OWNER WILL COME FOR WHAT IS HIS AND WHAT IS NOT - WILL BE PURGED BY A CONSUMING FIRE. YOU WILL SEE THINGS VERY SHORTLY, UNFOLDING VERY RAPIDLY. FLOODINGS AND STORMS AND DISASTERS FOR WORDS WILL NOT CONVINCE YOU. JUDGEMNENT WILL BE SWIFT. WATCH THE NEWS!!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:26 pm

That reminds me of another dream. The land shall be come clean. Many will claim to be a prophet. They're coming out of the wood-work already.

stan

Evil Judge

Post by stan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 pm

You who claim to be one of the righteous ones condemns and passes a verdict without trial or evidence. My words will not come back empty.

Return to “Philosophy”