Listen to your heart

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:23 am

[quote="looking_glass"][quote="rohiniranjan"][quote="looking_glass"]Look beyond the physical heart and your understanding of the physical world in terms of proteins, neurotransmitters and organs, and you will see a world not many choose to see.[/quote]

It is sad that you folks post pithy, life-changing messages (massages?) and yet have failed to master the simple act/etiquette of QUOTING the message you are responding to, as obviously permitted by this forum!

WHEN heart is mentioned on this mystical forum, those who confuse that with the mechanical pump, albeit crucially important -- they are mistaken, sadly!

[[Please SHOW us great unwashed, this wonderful WORLD that you claim to see, so that we may understand you!]][/quote]

Oh great master, if you read through the threads in sequential order you will see that I am responding to the previous poster.

As for the great unwashed, I haven't made that judgment. This wonderful world is all about you, even in the things you may not like.[/quote]

Great Master?
Who, Where? When, and What?? ETC.!

This message board can be confusing because if you are responding without quoting-- to the message number 6 in a thread where 10 have already been posted, your isolated response will show up as message number 11!

"How to Play" as the russian asks in the north american commercial?

And if this reference makes no sense to you, then YES it was placed there for a purpose!

Without C-O-N-T-E-X-T/QUOTE, your wonderful piece of sharing does not reach those whom you wished it would...!

[[Ever heard of the tree that fell in the forest when no one was listerning? Or the peacock that danced in all glory in the forest when no one was there to watch?]]

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:36 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
looking_glass wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:
looking_glass wrote:Look beyond the physical heart and your understanding of the physical world in terms of proteins, neurotransmitters and organs, and you will see a world not many choose to see.
It is sad that you folks post pithy, life-changing messages (massages?) and yet have failed to master the simple act/etiquette of QUOTING the message you are responding to, as obviously permitted by this forum!

WHEN heart is mentioned on this mystical forum, those who confuse that with the mechanical pump, albeit crucially important -- they are mistaken, sadly!

[[Please SHOW us great unwashed, this wonderful WORLD that you claim to see, so that we may understand you!]]
Oh great master, if you read through the threads in sequential order you will see that I am responding to the previous poster.

As for the great unwashed, I haven't made that judgment. This wonderful world is all about you, even in the things you may not like.
Great Master?
Who, Where? When, and What?? ETC.!

This message board can be confusing because if you are responding without quoting-- to the message number 6 in a thread where 10 have already been posted, your isolated response will show up as message number 11!

"How to Play" as the russian asks in the north american commercial?

And if this reference makes no sense to you, then YES it was placed there for a purpose!

Without C-O-N-T-E-X-T/QUOTE, your wonderful piece of sharing does not reach those whom you wished it would...!

[[Ever heard of the tree that fell in the forest when no one was listerning? Or the peacock that danced in all glory in the forest when no one was there to watch?]]
This is true, but I also believe that those who are meant to hear or read a message, will do so, whether it is in bright lights or not.
awarenessoftheheart.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:10 pm

[quote="looking_glass"]This is true, but I also believe that those who are meant to hear or read a message, will do so, whether it is in bright lights or not.[/quote]

Okay! I try not to meddle with other people's 'beliefs'!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Pravin Kumar

Listen to your heart

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:59 am

[/s

We often hear the phrase "listen to your heart not your head" when we are talking about romance. But "listen to your head not your heart" when matters concern money.

Is this right? Should we? Surely if we listened to our heads when regarding love we wouldnt get to hurt or used, walked on or dumped? We know its gonna happen so why does our heart tell us to carry on?

If we listened to our hearts about money we would be happier, we would have that cd or dvd and we would know that we need candles and flowers and chocolates and can live without the chips and fish?

The branches bend in the wind the leaves fly with it...ize]

Dear Forest of Mysteries,

I am referring to your above post. This is an age old belief and it will always remain so no matter how you reason it. Love is felt in the heart and not reasoned. You cannot will yourself to love anyone but you can feel the love for others from your heart. You are attracted to other first through your heart and then mental reasoning may follow and yet be wrong. Men usually act through their mind and women feel it in their heart. This is a general statement and it is quite the reverse too in quite a few cases. Women are believed to soft and weaker sex and men are believed to hard and a superior sex but again there are quite a few exceptions.

Success only comes if you follow the old belief which you mentioned above. Try and observe it. Women (generallly) being more soft and think or feel through their heart are more intuitive and on quite a few times when a man fails in his reasoning his wife provides him the most brilliant solution simply through her intuition which later comes out to be totally correct. This is observation and you can see it for yourself. You cannot love a person by mathematical calculation i.e. by reasoning. And again you cannot succeed in the mental world i.e. tackle the shrewd calculative people through heart. It has to be tackled with sound reasoning. However  I will not eliminate that chance of intuitive successful response by any person even though it may be woman.

So the old belief is generally good in most circumstances but exceptions will always remain as in any thing in life.

Pravin Kumar

P.S. This is a very exhaustive subject and there will be many interesting replies and one cannot say with certainty if one is 100% right whichever way you reason it or reply to the above subject

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Greetings Forest of Mysteries

To begin with, we consist out of three things, our body, our brain and our soul.  The body, we use in order to experience things with our 5 senses.  The brain, we use in order to make decisions/choices, we experience thoughts, we dream etc.  The soul, is the energy within each of us.  It is who we truly are, a being/soul/spirit.  We have bodies in order to experience things, and our mind/brain is like a computer that we make use of in order to control the body.  But there are another part which lies within your brain, your mind, your thoughts.  I refer to this other part as the alter ego!  The alter ego is something you must be aware of, you must be careful to listen to the thoughts it puts in your mind.  The alter ego also controls your emotions, if you allow it too.  Emotions like hatred, anger, stress, depression etc.  All the emotions that are negative or bad.  The quote of listening to your heart rather then your mind, means that your heart is your soul, and your mind is the alter ego.  One cannot be truly happy by listening only to the mind, because then it is the mind that is in control of you and your decisions/destiny.  You can only find true happiness by realizing that the mind is simply a holographic construct of experience and memory.  But the soul is a timeless being, that you can connect with more deeply by learning how to shut out the mind.  Through meditation and other methods you become more aware of your soul.  You become more aware also of the mind, and how the alter ego works.  Many people today are being controlled by the powers that be through there minds, because the mind is easy to deceive.  Many people today think that by listening to the mind you will experience true happiness, but that is where so many of us experience regret.

Now, your body needs food in order to grow, in order to stay alive.  But the other parts of us also need to feed.  Our minds we feed by learning (reading) etc.  But the most important part of us, people forget to feed.  Not only forget, they don't even realize that your soul also needs to be fed in order to grow.  When a person realizes this, that is when people start seeking for the truth, for enlightenment.  Meditation is the most efficient way in order to feed the soul.  You learn ways to quite your mind.  To relax and to take full control of your mind.  I believe that there are many people here on Mystic Board that will agree with me that you only find true happiness by growing spiritually.  If I were to listen to only my mind, then my life would be boring.  It is my soul that makes my life worth living for.  Also, by feeding the soul, you become aware of skills and abilities you never knew you had.  And by meditation you start realizing that the soul also needs energy.  There are many ways of channeling energy within yourself for whatever purpose.  

The truth of the matter is, that we are being controlled, brainwashed into believing that money & satisfying your material desires grants you happiness.  Yes, money does make life easier, but not fuller or happier.  By desiring more money, many people gets stuck in the rat race with a dead beat job that they hate and a numbed down soul that barely have any energy left to experience the happiness of being.  

I for one choose to listen to my heart (soul)!  And I have no regrets since I have made this decision.  My skills/abilities have grown in ways that it is hard to explain to you.  It is through experience that I have gain the knowledge that my soul is what is truly important.  There are many people today seeking enlightenment, becoming spiritual.  Because they know it is the key to   unlocking happiness.  And once you try it for yourself, you will only then start to realize just how important it is to always listen to your heart/soul.  And by allowing your soul to be in control, you still am able to control the mind.  You only then start to make the right choices/decisions that is right for you.

Regards,
Night Owl
"There is one thing one has to have:  either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul cheerful by work, love, art & knowledge."

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Night Owl,

I liked your explaination.
awarenessoftheheart.com

spiderorchid

Post by spiderorchid » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Night Owl wrote:Greetings Forest of Mysteries

The truth of the matter is, that we are being controlled, brainwashed into believing that money & satisfying your material desires grants you happiness.  Yes, money does make life easier, but not fuller or happier.  By desiring more money, many people gets stuck in the rat race with a dead beat job that they hate and a numbed down soul that barely have any energy left to experience the happiness of being.  

Night Owl, I agree that in a sense we are being driven to be consumers. Of course, satisfying material desires begins from our need to satisfy the basics for life. But our "civilisation" has turned it into the current extreme consumerism, but by all reports, those who follow this path never reach Nirvana in the chase. So is this the reason that we search for a better answer, and follow the 'heart' or 'soul', or whatever we deem to call it? I suspect that's why we are here!

Wishing you a happy soul!
Spiderorchid
Life should be lived rather than just watched!

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Greetings

It was an honor for me to explain the quote of following your heart rather then your mind.  Looking Glass, I am glad you liked it.  I would've liked to explain it in more detail because this topic is something that draw my attention uncontrollably.  And yes, people are acknowledging that our world are turning us into consumers (slaves).  And it is for this reason that many people start seeking an answer as to how they can free themselves.  I am honestly fond of the people here on Mystic Board because even though most of you don't realize it yet, you are already seeking freedom just by joining Mystic Board.  There are many topics here that have been banned in the passed as devilish etc.  but in fact this is just something that will never be banned because of so many people that are empathic or psychic.
And it is also for these topics that we cannot control ourselves in joining a site like Mystic Board, because you (your soul) unconsciously still seek freedom.  Most people here just wants confirmation that psychic's and em path's exist and with the help of the empathic and psychic friends here on Mystic Board, you start believing in something that you never knew existed.  Every one in fact are empathic or psychic, the problem is just that they don't make an effort in developing these skills.  And most of these people are just to busy or they just don't believe.  As some of you might already know, I am a spiritual teacher and a psychic.  I offer my service of teaching and guiding people for free, as long as they promise to take it seriously and not waste my time.  It is a choice they have to make before I start helping them.  This is my path, this is what I am here for.  So many of you seek the truth, seek awakening, you know you have skills or special abilities, yet you do not know how to develop them, thus you join Mystic Board to find answers.  This is the reason why most of you have joined and I am just so glad to see as to how many of you are on the right path.  I have joined recently, and I can't help it by telling you that this site have drawn my attention in ways that I cannot explain.  So many of you have questions that needs answering, and I will gladly be of service in answering the questions you have, especially regarding this topic that was posted.  I hope to see more replies posted on this topic as this is one of the most relevant topic's to all of us joining Mystic Board.  Until then, enjoy your time here on Mystic Board and take care.

Regards,
Night Owl

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Greetings Night Owl! Enjoyed your wisdom as well. Have a great time  :)

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Greetings Lighting Strikes Twice

I am glad you enjoyed my wisdom & knowledge, it is something I have well earned over the years.  Wisdom is one of my various skills/abilities that I have been blessed with.  Though I also have to be honest that there was a period in my life when it felt more like I was cursed.  I have taken a long journey in order to get where I am today and to know all that I know.  And it is for my wisdom and knowledge that I have been blessed with over the past, that I decided to be of service to people for free.  To explain a bit as to why...................,
I have been blessed with wisdom & many skills/abilities for free, that I teach and guide people for free, in order for them to be able to take part in the experience of truly awakening.  I have made the decision that sharing my wisdom and knowledge should not be charged for, because there are so many people out there that just doesn't have the capital to pay for a service like mine.  I chose the name because it suited my greatest skill of them all.  And I would like you to understand and acknowledge that the wisdom and knowledge I gained was not through reading books etc. it is by experience and the circumstances that I have been placed in over the years, that I know what I do today.  This topic which was posted, touches one of the phases you have to go through in order to awaken.  This phase is "separating yourself (soul/spirit) from the alter ego that exists within your mind".  In fact, this is the third phase a person  have to accomplish before they awaken.  The first phase is the most complicated phase of them all, and it is "Forgive & Forget".  None of you will ever truly awaken unless you have succeeded in the first phase.  And it might be the most complicated phase of them all, but once you've succeeded in it, the rest comes naturally.  And with some of you, your skills and abilities are very strong, but how many of you have succeeded in awakening?  If you think your skills are strong now, you will be surprised as to just how strong it gets once you've awakened.  I would've enjoyed it in being able to reply on all of the topic's posted on Mystic Board, but unfortunately I am just one person.  But as long as I am a part of Mystic Board, I am going to help where I can the amount of people that have awakened are going to grow.  So, I might be taking on this task alone for now, but in due time there will be others, assisting me.  

Many people joined to learn more about skills they either are already blessed with and aware of, skills they find interesting or advice they need.  So, if there are any people out there that are interested in awakening, I invite you to inform me and I will gladly teach and guide you to awakening.  But, only if you are truly serious and make the decision and promise to yourself to completely devote yourself to the advice and methods I teach.  It is completely up to yourself, your decision & your promise to yourself and to me that you will reap the benefits of awakening.  And if there are any people that are not interested in awakening, so be it.  But then you must also realize, that the day will arrive when you will regret that you didn't take what I said more seriously, that you didn't take a chance, so I am being straight forward with all of you, by saying this so that you can acknowledge the importance of awakening and just how important it is to me.  And it is not within my nature to beat around the bush.  I say things as they are because I respect all of you and believe that you will in return appreciate my being complete honest.  

Now to go further, my methods that I teach is by pushing you to learn and to practice what I teach.  Truly awakening doesn't just happen overnight, it is something that is time consuming, but through devotion and dedication you are able to awaken sooner then expected.  The choice is within your hands!!!  Can you listen to where your heart & soul is directing you?  You don't have to answer this, because I already know.  

I am going to end my message now, hoping all of you take time in thinking more about what I've told you and also take time in listening to your hearts (soul), desire.  Just remember that I am not inviting only the people visiting this topic that was posted, I invite and welcome all who are truly interested, psychic/empathic etc. or not.  I hope to read more replies posted in this topic from now on.  I devote myself to those that are willing to go through the journey of awakening.  It is the path & life that I accepted to follow without any regrets.  So, what I am trying to say is that all of you are more then welcome to contact me and let me know as to what you've decided.  And I promise, I will reply, maybe not immediately, but I definitely will!  Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope to hear from all of you soon.  Take care.

Regards,
Night Owl
"There is one thing one has to have:  either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul cheerful by work, love, art & knowledge."

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Night Owl wrote:Greetings Lighting Strikes Twice

I am glad you enjoyed my wisdom & knowledge, it is something I have well earned over the years.  Wisdom is one of my various skills/abilities that I have been blessed with.  Though I also have to be honest that there was a period in my life when it felt more like I was cursed.  I have taken a long journey in order to get where I am today and to know all that I know.  And it is for my wisdom and knowledge that I have been blessed with over the past, that I decided to be of service to people for free.  To explain a bit as to why...................,
I have been blessed with wisdom & many skills/abilities for free, that I teach and guide people for free, in order for them to be able to take part in the experience of truly awakening.  I have made the decision that sharing my wisdom and knowledge should not be charged for, because there are so many people out there that just doesn't have the capital to pay for a service like mine.  I chose the name because it suited my greatest skill of them all.  And I would like you to understand and acknowledge that the wisdom and knowledge I gained was not through reading books etc. it is by experience and the circumstances that I have been placed in over the years, that I know what I do today.  This topic which was posted, touches one of the phases you have to go through in order to awaken.  This phase is "separating yourself (soul/spirit) from the alter ego that exists within your mind".  In fact, this is the third phase a person  have to accomplish before they awaken.  The first phase is the most complicated phase of them all, and it is "Forgive & Forget".  None of you will ever truly awaken unless you have succeeded in the first phase.  And it might be the most complicated phase of them all, but once you've succeeded in it, the rest comes naturally.  And with some of you, your skills and abilities are very strong, but how many of you have succeeded in awakening?  If you think your skills are strong now, you will be surprised as to just how strong it gets once you've awakened.  I would've enjoyed it in being able to reply on all of the topic's posted on Mystic Board, but unfortunately I am just one person.  But as long as I am a part of Mystic Board, I am going to help where I can the amount of people that have awakened are going to grow.  So, I might be taking on this task alone for now, but in due time there will be others, assisting me.  

Many people joined to learn more about skills they either are already blessed with and aware of, skills they find interesting or advice they need.  So, if there are any people out there that are interested in awakening, I invite you to inform me and I will gladly teach and guide you to awakening.  But, only if you are truly serious and make the decision and promise to yourself to completely devote yourself to the advice and methods I teach.  It is completely up to yourself, your decision & your promise to yourself and to me that you will reap the benefits of awakening.  And if there are any people that are not interested in awakening, so be it.  But then you must also realize, that the day will arrive when you will regret that you didn't take what I said more seriously, that you didn't take a chance, so I am being straight forward with all of you, by saying this so that you can acknowledge the importance of awakening and just how important it is to me.  And it is not within my nature to beat around the bush.  I say things as they are because I respect all of you and believe that you will in return appreciate my being complete honest.  

Now to go further, my methods that I teach is by pushing you to learn and to practice what I teach.  Truly awakening doesn't just happen overnight, it is something that is time consuming, but through devotion and dedication you are able to awaken sooner then expected.  The choice is within your hands!!!  Can you listen to where your heart & soul is directing you?  You don't have to answer this, because I already know.  

I am going to end my message now, hoping all of you take time in thinking more about what I've told you and also take time in listening to your hearts (soul), desire.  Just remember that I am not inviting only the people visiting this topic that was posted, I invite and welcome all who are truly interested, psychic/empathic etc. or not.  I hope to read more replies posted in this topic from now on.  I devote myself to those that are willing to go through the journey of awakening.  It is the path & life that I accepted to follow without any regrets.  So, what I am trying to say is that all of you are more then welcome to contact me and let me know as to what you've decided.  And I promise, I will reply, maybe not immediately, but I definitely will!  Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope to hear from all of you soon.  Take care.

Regards,
Night Owl

Thank you once again and for taking the time to respond. Experience has taught me to stay awake and remember who I am. Look forward to your joy. Many Blessings Your Way  :)

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:
Night Owl wrote:Greetings Lighting Strikes Twice

Regards,
Night Owl

Thank you once again and for taking the time to respond. Experience has taught me to stay awake and remember who I am. Look forward to your joy. Many Blessings Your Way  :)
Haha. Awesome!
awarenessoftheheart.com

Return to “Philosophy”