THIS IS CLASSIFIED

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THIS IS CLASSIFIED

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 pm

[size=1

THIS IS CLASSIFIED
by Ron White

It must be really interesting to be in the CIA, Naval Intelligence or some top secret organization. Imagine knowing the nation's secrets-wow! I bet that has to carry with it tremendous pressure but it must also be neat having access to the inner workings of what is really going on in the world. Well, I guess I will just have to live vicariously through James Bond movies or Matt Damon in the Bourne Identity because I will never walk in those shoes.

Listen to this next part closely...YOUR LIFE IS NOT CLASSIFIED DATA!

What do I mean?

A friend of mine and I were out at a restaurant recently and he had noticed a beautiful woman. I said, 'Go talk to her.' 'What would I say?' he asked. 'Anything!' I replied. 'Nah…' 'Okay, I will get it started but after that you are on your own.' He looked up with hope in his eyes.

I went over to her table and said, 'How are you?' 'Good and you?' she replied. 'Well, I got some great news today.' "What?' she inquired. 'I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance with a 15 minute phone call.' She laughed and I introduced my friend and left. Hours later they were engaged in a deep conversation that would have never of taken place if my friend had followed his plan of living his life as if it was classified. Get out there and talk to somebody!

I have watched salesmen stare at the telephone, instead of picking it up and telling someone-anyone- about their product. Your product is not classified! Get out there and make some cold calls!

Failure in business is guaranteed if no one knows about your product or service. However, fortunately for you – you are not sworn to secrecy. Although, sometimes I think some business professionals believe they are! Make cold calls; join a leads group or Chamber of Commerce. Pass out your business cards at every opportunity and make sure that everyone knows what business you are in. If not, close your business and join The CIA because you are much better at keeping secrets.

If you have a top secret clearance for the safety of the country keep your mouth shut about it. However, if not....talk to that stranger. If in sales, pick up that phone and a million dollar sale might be a few minutes away. Yet, if you remain frozen as if you are handling classified information you will not only lead boring existence – you will soon be out of business!
Now, let's all get out there and live a little. Maybe even rent a James Bond movie to remind ourselves that our lives are not classified.

Go For More!
Ron White

8][/size]

thousandnine

Post by thousandnine » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:39 pm

I liked it very much.

mysticvirgo

Well, devbating if this is philosophy

Post by mysticvirgo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm

However, it is true, as most comedic routines are... If we don't reach out and touch someone,  we will never know them

prashanth_ram2002

Post by prashanth_ram2002 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:11 am

I liked this and I think all my fellow Aquarians should understand this
 Control your thoughts bcoz it makes what you are.

I am nothing, U are nothing, everybody is nothing

mysticvirgo

This is exactly what my Wife and I discuss

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:51 pm

on a regular basis. How is one to truely know how a person is going to react/respond to what one says or does unless one says or does it.

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am

Good one. Like it

nicholassanchex

Post by nicholassanchex » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am

Some people learn this at an early age, some later in life. There are some who learn it, and forget it, and there are some who learn /forget this periodically.

TheToadMan

he he

Post by TheToadMan » Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I am schizophrenic and I get the CIA spook all the time.  Hey I do no drugs.  Intelligence gathering goes into the American stone laws and it is crazy but I believe it.

Return to “Philosophy”