Todays quote on earth

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

Todays quote on earth

Post by prasanna » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:56 pm

QUOTES ON EARTH:-

"EARTH provides enough to satisfy every man's need , but not every man's  greed "            

MAHATHMA GANDHI
                                                                                (1869-1948)

"  AIM  at heavan and you will get EARTH thrown in.Aim at Earth  and you will get neither. "

_                                                                        -C.S.LEWIS

British scholar and novelist  (1898-1963)

" Death must be so beautiful to lie in the soft brown EARTH  with the grasses weaving above one's head and listen to silence to have no yesterday , and no tomorow to forget time, to forgive , to be at peace "

OSCAR WILDE

Irish novelist poet and dramatist (1854-1900)

" Nothing  on the EARTH  consumes man quickly than the passion of recentment."

FRIEDRICH  NIETZSCHE

German classical scholar philosopher

(1844-1900)

" Man is the crulest animal.  At tragedies, bulfights, and crucifixions he hasso far felt best on EARTH  AND WHEN HE INVENTED HELL FOR HIMSELF, BEHOLD , THAT WAS HIS VERY HEAVEN"

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

"The EARTH has a skin and that skin has diseases, one of its deseases is called MAN"

FRIEDERICH NIETZSCHE

" STRANGE IS OUR SITUATION HERE UPON EARTH"

ALBERT EINSTEIN

German born American Physcist(1879-1955)

“Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes - goodwill among men and peace on earth.”

Albert EINSTEIN
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:29 pm

“Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes - goodwill among men and peace on earth.”

Albert EINSTEIN

Wow, nice quotes about our Earth and us. Image
A lot to contemplate.
Thank you.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Pravin Kumar

Today's Quote

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:18 am

Prasannaji,

All the quotes are very good, excepting the second last one which I could not follow. Keep it up. Nice and interesting post.

Pravin Kumar

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:22 am

May I share?
“Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.”

Albert Einstein quotes (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Return to “Philosophy”