TODAYS QUOTES ON RIVER

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON RIVER

Post by prasanna » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:36 am

River quotes

“Take a look at your natural river. What are you? Stop playing games with yourself. Where's your river going? Are you riding with it? Or are you rowing against it? Don't you see that there is no effort if you're riding with your river?”

Frederick (Carl) Frieseke  (American born French Painter, 1874-1939)

“How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on”

Antoine de Saint-Exupery  (French Pilot, Writer and Author of 'The Little Prince', 1900-1944)

“People who have lost relationships often wonder why they can't just let it be "water under the bridge." It is water under the bridge - the trouble is we do not live on the bridge but in the river of life with its many twists and turns.”
santiz

Grant Fairley

“When the river is deepest it makes least noise”

Proverb quotes

“What makes a river so restful to people is that it doesn't have any doubt - it is sure to get where it is going, and it doesn't want to go anywhere else.”

Hal Boyle

“If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends.”

John Enoch Powell

“There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes”

Bob Dylan  (American folksinger, b.1941)

“It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river”

Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President (1861-65), who brought about the emancipation of the slaves. 1809-1865)

“Follow the river and you will find the sea”

French Proverb quotes

I could as easily bail out the Potomac River with a teaspoon as attend to all the details of the army”

Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President (1861-65), who brought about the emancipation of the slaves. 1809-1865)
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:45 pm

ImageThank you.  I love rivers.  I lost stopping the car, getting out, getting in the river and taking a walk.  It's sooooooooooo cold and it is so wonderful, feeling the flow of the water going around my legs.  Being part of the river.  It's different than being in the ocean, or a lake.  The flow of the water is so cleansing and refreshing.  The sounds are wonderful too.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Return to “Philosophy”