Guidance

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

Guidance

Post by looking_glass » Tue May 27, 2008 5:50 pm

If you could be guided by God or an angel who would you choose? If you could be guided by God or a person who would you choose? If you could be guided by God or a book which would you choose? Would you choose to learn straight from the source, or would you choose lesser? Would you choose He who created all, or just he who thought he was all? Would you see all the ways in which He gave you love, or would you only pick off a menu?
awarenessoftheheart.com

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue May 27, 2008 5:54 pm

I believe God connects with me and speaks to me in many ways and is only limited by me.  God/Goddess is everywhere, all the time in everything.  So, I am listening to tv and don't really hear anything and suddenly a person says something and it jumps out at me.  It's that thing I needed to hear.  For me it is Divinity speaking to me through that avenue.
It is not a choice, it is an understanding that God/Goddess speaks all the time and it is I who need to be willing to hear, see, open up and receive in all the ways available.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks Tourbi.
awarenessoftheheart.com

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 pm

I take guidance from people who are experienced in what i need guidance for.

No point asking guidance from someone or something who doesn't know how to administer the medications i use or the treatments I utilise or the best way to get to a destination.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue May 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Thank you Suzi.  You made me chuckle.  My mother and I were on a trip.  We flew to Boston and then drove in the area where our ancestors were.  She drove at first and I was navigator with the map.  She acknowledged she could not see well, so I drove the rest of the trip.  That meant no navigation, she wouldn't see the map clearly.
She could barely tell me where we were going.
I asked for help from "the Lady" to get me to where we needed to be.  So, I would be driving and I would hear, turn left next corner, or get off the highway next and turn left then right.
It was incredible.  Mother would talk and talk and I would listen to "the Lady".
Mother would start to get angry and panic and we would drive up to our destination.
It was incredible.  
She (the Lady)  spoke to me the entire trip.  We even missed being stuck in the air port by getting there early and put on a flight early so we missed a huge hurricane coming up the coast.
I listen to Her all the time.  She is not always talking to me.  When She does, I listen.
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

That was a great example Tourbi and I am the richer for hearing it.

Suzi XXX
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue May 27, 2008 9:12 pm

I also use maps when appropriate and ask for directions too. ImageImage
Nora Roberts

tweety121

Post by tweety121 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I would like to be guided by God.

Return to “Philosophy”