I Wish You Enough

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Hurricane Shannon

I Wish You Enough

Post by Hurricane Shannon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:54 am

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter's departure flight was announced.  Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough."  The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough.  Your love is all I ever needed.  I wish you enough, too, Mom."  They kissed and the daughter left.
    The mother slowly walked over to the window near where I sat.  Standing there looking at the plane as it taxied away from the gate, I could tell she wanted and needed to cry.  I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she invited me in by asking me, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?"
    "Yes, as a matter of fact I have," I replied.  "Forgive me for asking, but why was this a forever good-bye?"  "I am old and she lives so far away.  I have challenges ahead and the reality is that the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.
    "When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, "I wish you enough."  May I ask what that means?" I inquired.  She began to smile.  "That's a wish that has been handed down for generations.  My parents used to say it to everyone."  She paused for a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more.
"When we said "I wish you enough" we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them."  Then turning towards me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
                I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
              I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
             I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life
                 appear much bigger.
                       I wish you enough to satisfy your wanting.
           I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
       I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Then she began to cry and walked away.

To everyone here, I wish you enough...  Shannon
Blessings and Peace...

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:22 am

Dear Shannon,

I wish you enough to satisfy  OUR  wanting. (M ORE AND MORE  POSTS AND SHARING   FROM U)  THANKS AND HUGS.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

lakshminarayanan

Re: I Wish You Enough

Post by lakshminarayanan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:42 am

nice. pleae tell me what means "Shannon"

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:53 pm

dear  Lakshmi narayanan  brother,

Hearty welcome to Mystic Board.  Please do write more posts.  I dont know really what does Shanon means. I must   ask Shanon only. Thanks for your first post.  Have nice time here.

yours sister,

prasanna.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Philosophy”