HINDU MUSLIM WISDOM

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU MUSLIM WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:12 am

O Merciful, transform my fears into hope. In the name of Your glorious Qur'an relent toward me. Allow its light to illumine my way; endow me with the resolve to follow its dictates. Help me recite it night and day that its wisdom might blossom within my soul.

- Prayer upon finishing the Qu'ran

The study of the Vedas, linguistics, Rituals, astronomy and all the arts Can be called lower knowledge. The higher Is that which leads to Self-realization. The eye cannot see it; mind cannot grasp it. The deathless Self has neither caste nor race, Neither eyes not ears nor hands nor feet. Sages say this Self is infinite in the great And in the small, everlasting and changeless, The source of life.

- Mundaka Upanishad

The highest form of grace is silence.

- Swami Chinmayananda

THE FUTURE
"Success is deciding from the start what end result you want and creating the circumstances to realize that result." -- Mark Victor Hansen

"We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future." -- George Bernard Shaw

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved." -- Jeremy Kitson

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

SIMPLICITY
Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.

Charles Dudley Warner

Everything is quite difficult enough as it is, and what is simple actually comes hardest.

Return to “Philosophy”