Hindu, Muslim Wisdom and Health Quotes

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Hindu, Muslim Wisdom and Health Quotes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 am

Struggling or at rest, Nothing is won or lost. I have forsaken the joy of winning And the sorrow of losting. And I am happy.

- Ashtavakra Gita 13:6

Allah is compassionate and loves compassion in all things.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by A'ishah bint Abu Bakr

"Trust in God is negation of trust in God," said Baba Tahir. That is to say that the one who truly trusts in God denies himself any attachment to it, in the sense that he has neither confidence in, nor attention to, his own trust.

- Baba Tahir, "Kalamat-i qisar

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.

- Gertrude Stein

Sure I'm for helping the elderly. I'm going to be old myself some day.

- Lillian Carter, in her 80s

The wealth of this world consists of treasures to which there are keys. But blessed is the one whom the Almighty makes a key to the world of good, but a lock to contain evil.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Sahl bin Sa'ad

Those established in the Self have renounced selfish attachments to their actions and cut through doubts with spiritual wisdom. They act in freedom.

- Bhagavad Gita 4:41

When from ignorance You see silver in mother-of-pearl, Greed arises. From ignorance of the Self Desire arises For the world where the senses whirl.

- Ashtavakra Gita 3:2

The face of truth is hidden by your orb Of gold, O sun. May you remove your orb So that I, who adore the true, may see The glory of truth. O nourishing sun, Solitary traveler, controller, Source of life for all creatures, spread your light And subdue your dazzling splendor So that I may see your blessed Self. Even that very Self am I!

- Isha Upanishad

The bottom of the river is full of jewels. Take heed! Do not make the water turbid. The spirit of man is like the air: when dust surrounds it the sky is veiled. Notwithstanding such a state of darkness, God made visions to help you find the road to redemption.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"
After you ask for guidance--Listen!

- Barbara Ann Kipfer

Every time I hear the word exercise, I wash my mouth out with soap.

- ThinkExist
Our words misunderstand us.

- Adrienne Rich

It’s possible to be courteous without being meek. Bring an advocate with you.

- Judith Stone

Return to “Philosophy”