Hindu, Muslim Wisdom and Health Quote

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Hindu, Muslim Wisdom and Health Quote

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 am

The spiritual path ruins the body, but subsequently restores it to health. It ruins the house to reveal the treasure, and with that treasure it builds better than before.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

With the pincers of truth I have plucked From the dark corners of my heart The thorn of many judgments. I sit in my own splendor. Wealth or pleasure, Duty or discrimination, Duality or nonduality, What are they to me?

- Ashtavakra Gita 19:1-2

The lifelong process of caregiving is the ultimate link between caregivers of all ages. You and I are not just in a phase we will outgrow. This is life—birth, death, and everything in between...The care continuum is the cycle of life turning full circle in each of our lives. And what we learn when we spoon-feed our babies will echo in our ears as we feed our parents. The point is not to be done. The point is to be ready to do again.

Those who live in accordance with these divine laws without complaining, firmly established in faith, are released from karma. Those who violate these laws, criticizing and complaining, are utterly deluded, and are the cause of their own suffering.

Do not seek sustenance from people. God is the real Provider. If He wills a certain person to be the means of your livelihood, do not consider that person to be in control of your destiny. Have faith and be certain in the knowledge that your daily bread does not depend upon any mortal, but upon God who created all.

- Al-Hajwiri, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

Perhaps to our senses things offer only their rejections. Perfume is what flowers throw away.

- Paul Valery

When our hope breaks, let our patience hold.

- Thomas Fuller

Running, walking, eventually inching down that path to old age is a welcome goal for any woman, especially one who has had breast cancer.

- Marisa Weiss, M.D.
- Bhagavad Gita 3:31-32

- Paula C. Lowe

Return to “Philosophy”