HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am

If the angel deigns to come, it will be because you have convinced him, not by tears, but by your humble resolve to be always beginning: to be a beginner.

- Rainer Maria Rilke

Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.

- Oprah Winfrey

You are the sole companion of my heart, though my body is available for those who wish its company. This body is hospitable to its guests; the love of my heart is the guest of my soul.

- Rabi'a, "Rabi’a the Mystic"

Be unremitting in the doing of good deeds. Do them with all your might and by every possible means. Keep the mind free of impurity. That alone is the practice of virtue. All else is nothing but empty display.

Speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee.

- Job 12:8

I got really depressed when people said I should think positive. I thought, "If that's what I have to do to survive, I'm never going to make it."

- John, a 52-year-old with melanoma

I adore myself. How wonderful I am! I can never die. The whole world may perish, From Brahma to a blade of grass, But I am still here.

- Ashtavakra Gita 2:11

God scatters His light over all spirits. The fortunate hold up their skirts to receive it. Those who receive His light turn from all except God. Without the skirt of love, we cannot receive our share.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

From his divine power comes forth all this Magical show of name and form, of you And me, which casts the spell of pain and pleasure. Only when we pierce through this magic veil Do we see the One who appears as many.

- Shvetashvatara Upanishad

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

- Kevin Arnold

It is in love that religion exists and not in ceremony-in the pure and sincere love in the heart. Unless a man is pure in body and mind, his coming into a temple and worshipping Shiva is useless. The prayers of those who are pure in mind and body will be answered by Shiva, and those who are impure and yet try to teach religion to others will fail in the end. External worship is only a symbol of internal worship, but internal worship and purity are the real things. Without them, external worship would be of no avail.

- Vivekananda

Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.

- Prophet Muhammad

Return to “Philosophy”