HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 am

When clutches of the "self" break away, they clap their hands and break into dance as their imperfections fade away. The musicians within strike the tambourine, and the seas burst into foam at their ecstasy.

- Rumi, "The Life and Thought of Rumi"

The body is called a field, Arjuna; he who knows it is called the Knower of the field. This is the knowledge of those who know. I am the Knower of the field in everyone, Arjuna. Knowledge of the field and its Knower is true knowledge.

- Bhagavad Gita 13:1-2

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

- Albert Einstein

Free from self-will, aggressiveness, arrogance, anger and the lust to possess people or things, he is at peace with himself and others and enters into the unitive state. United with Brahman, ever joyful, beyond the reach of desire and sorrow, he has equal regard for every living creature and attains supreme devotion to me. By loving me he comes to know me truly; then he knows my glory and enters into my boundless being. All his acts are performed in my service, and through my grace he wins eternal life.

- Bhagavad Gita 18:53-56

At midnight I say, "I am near you; be not afraid of the night, for I am your protecting friend." Last night in your dream you saw One with a prayer-rug. That was I, and what I told you in that dream about the meaning of prophecy: make those words of Mine your mind's guide.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

Treat the Earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.

- Native American Proverb

My head feels like an old depot, worn by time and tears, No more locomotives passing through, café filled with tales and baggage, The old depot's barren now, there has been a great brain robbery.

- Joanne Koenig Coste

Return to “Philosophy”