HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:53 am

I am not detachment nor salvation, Nor anything reached by the senses; I am behold all thought and form. I am everywhere, and nowhere at all- I am Consciousness and Bliss. I am Shiva! I am Shiva!

- Shankaracharya

The search of knowledge is an obligation laid on every Muslim.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

I am convinced that life in a physical body is meant to be an ecstatic experience.

- Shakti Gawain, author

When a man's wealth has disappeared, his kinsmen alone Will maintain their customary kindness. If a man's kindred cleave to him with unfailing love, His fortunes will never fail to flourish.

- Tirukkural 53: 521-522

When Allah desires the redemption of His People, He causes them to suffer in this world. But when He is averse, He leaves them to transgress until death overtakes.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW),

The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tears.

- Native American proverb

The aging process has you firmly in its grip if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.

- Doug Larson

Return to “Philosophy”