Nietzsche

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mysticvirgo

Post by mysticvirgo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm

spiritalk wrote:The idea of lessons certainly did not originate with me.  As a matter of fact I took a long time over that particular concept.  

I think the earth life is worth more than simple lessons.  But I do see that it is about our spirituality.  Without lessons in this life, we would not enhance that spirituality and wake up our existence to so much more than the material energy can supply.
Spirittalk, From what little I have studied, Hinduism's view is that we reincarnate as a process of purification of the soul.  When we die, our souls are determined as to what further lessons our souls must undertake to become pure enough to return to the mass divinity from which our souls have  originated.   This is how the divine purifies itself.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

How do we purify the soul?  I think that is the thing that exists in all philosophical thought.  

An earth experience (and even returning many times) is about living from baby to adult with all the stages in between.  (IME why we would do this over and over again, even expecting different results, is similar to Einstein's definition of insanity)  So how or why the material life affects the soul may be the question?
God bless, J

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 am

I am in agreement

Return to “Philosophy”